copying a transliteration of the lex

Kristin

When I copy a Greek word, I am always coping the lex form, and that has worked fine. However, I have run into a situation where I need to copy the transliteration instead. So I went to the text and copied it as such, but it is transliterating the inflected form.

Is there a way to copy a random word in a text as a transliterated lexical form?

Thanks,

Kristin

I don't think you can copy just the lexeme  in transliteration, but you can easily copy the contents of your instant details just by using the copy button. 

Screenshot2024-02-05at17_04_52.thumb.png.b63520d7b770e89956ba098457abe880.png

Hi @Ken Simpson,

Ok, thanks for letting me know, and thanks for the alternative idea. Thankfully I'm not needing to copy transliterations too often.

Take care,

Kristin

• Thanks 1

It can possibly be done by turning on live click: On the Lexicon tab you could select a dictionary that provides transliterations (e.g., EDNT, Thayer, NIDNTT, Mounce, TDNT), then copy and paste from there. 

Hi @Dennis Solon,

Thanks for the idea, and that is a good point. I think that might be my best bet since I can just copy the lex of the transliteration, and not all the instant details. Still a few steps compared to just copying the lex, but at least possible.