Qumran Non-biblical Manuscripts: New English Translation

Terry Wofford

The Library the info button window mentions a "QMENG-read me first" file. Where is this located? I am looking for help trying to decipher the Qumran coding system the module uses. I cannot find its equivalent online so I am not always sure where to find cited Qumran references (e.g., 4QpGena, 4QFlor, 4Qplsaa) since the module only uses numeric designations. Does the "read me first file" contain a key to its reference system?

Edited by Terry Wofford

Moved this to Original Languages so you can get a better answer faster.

7 hours ago, Terry Wofford said:

The Library the info button window mentions a "QMENG-read me first" file. Where is this located?

Hi @Terry Wofford. I'm unable to answer your other technical questions, but if you're simply looking for a particular README file, did you try the Help > Read Mes main menu command? That should open the folder containing all your Accordance README files.

The Read-Me files are also all bundled into a single Read-Me module you can find in the library by searching Read-Me. Then find QUMENG in the table of contents.

• Like 2

Thank you, Gentlemen! That made finding the ReadMes simple enough.

It didn't have the info I need but did have some helpful information. I haven't done much work with Qumran literature so I'm having trouble identifying the module's manuscript designation in comparison to the way they are commonly cited. Still need some help there. 

2 hours ago, Terry Wofford said:

Thank you, Gentlemen! That made finding the ReadMes simple enough.

It didn't have the info I need but did have some helpful information. I haven't done much work with Qumran literature so I'm having trouble identifying the module's manuscript designation in comparison to the way they are commonly cited. Still need some help there. 

I’ve struggled with the same thing. No answers for you, but maybe someone can enlighten both of us. 

If someone has an answer, great. If not, let me know and I'll see what I can find out.

@Donald Cobb Let me see what I can do. :-)

• Thanks 1