search result misidentified

A. Smith

Using accordance 14.0.8 on macOS 14, I got the following results. Among my texts the phrase ἀνάνηψον ἐξ is only found in 2 Tim 2.26 in the greek New Testament and one place AThomas. However, in the word usage results you can see it misidentified in LXX-GNT text as Galatians 2.26. When I select 'open text' I'm taken to the LXX-GNT module where the result is again labeled as Galatians 2.26 in the text pane but correctly identified as 2 Timothy 2.26 in the go-to box in the lower right. Of course, there is no Galatians 2.26; the chapter ends in vs 21. 

Screenshot 2024-01-12 at 07.59.54.png

Screenshot 2024-01-12 at 08.00.11.png

• Like 2

Thanks! We'll look into this.

• 2 weeks later...

We're trying to duplicate your issue.

When we copy that Greek word out of the forums post and did a ‘research' search of everything that we have in our library, we get 3 results from the TDNT (only).

When we search this in just the Greek Bible (LXX + GNT) and the GNT-TIS as shown in your screen shot, we get no results at all. This makes me think we may be doing something wrong.

Do you have any specific instructions and clarification on doing the search?

Thanks!

Screen Shot 2024-01-26 at 10.41.03 AM.png

• 4 months later...
On 1/26/2024 at 10:57 PM, Dr. Nathan Parker said:

We're trying to duplicate your issue.

When we copy that Greek word out of the forums post and did a ‘research' search of everything that we have in our library, we get 3 results from the TDNT (only).

When we search this in just the Greek Bible (LXX + GNT) and the GNT-TIS as shown in your screen shot, we get no results at all. This makes me think we may be doing something wrong.

Do you have any specific instructions and clarification on doing the search?

Thanks!

Screen Shot 2024-01-26 at 10.41.03 AM.png

The simplest way is to do what I did. Go to 2 Tim 2.26 in NA28 GNT(sigla) [though my test show this works with any greek nt), highlight ἀνανήψωσιν ἐκ in that verse, then right click > research > all texts. You'll see in the results a whole list of New Testament results (correct) and a result in Greek Bible LXX-GNT (incorrect) which is mislabeled as Galatians (if you have book names displayed in greek rather than English, of course). 

Remind me about this one first week of July, and I'll test it. Is it still happening on 14.0.9?

4 hours ago, Dr. Nathan Parker said:

Remind me about this one first week of July, and I'll test it. Is it still happening on 14.0.9?

1) Yes it's happening still.

2) There's basically a zero chance I'll be able to remind you at that time for reasons I can't explain. But I'm sure you have some sort of calendar or todo list app that can help with this. 

Thanks! I've added it to my to-do list, and provided that when everything syncs up, nothing breaks, it'll remind me. :-)