Barth's Church Dogmatics

Dr. Nathan Parker

Would I be the only one interested in using Barth's Church Dogmatics in Accordance, or would there be others?

• Title Church Dogmatics
  • Author Karl Barth
  • Publisher T&T Clark (might be difficult to bring into Accordance unless there's another publisher)
  • Retail Price $149
  • ISBN Number Various
  • Brief statement why it is requested It was a work I read and studied in my PhD program. It's not if I needed it, it was when.
  • Like 1

Would be a good addition. Even for those who disagree with Barth's ideas, his work was influential enough in modern theology that those writing papers and whatnot that touch on the same topics should at least interact with it.

Indeed. There's a lot of Barth I disagreed with (and some I agreed with), but boy did I use his work intensely during my PhD program. 

On 1/3/2024 at 3:42 PM, Dr. Nathan Parker said:

Would I be the only one interested in using Barth's Church Dogmatics in Accordance, or would there be others?

• Title Church Dogmatics
  • Author Karl Barth
  • Publisher T&T Clark (might be difficult to bring into Accordance unless there's another publisher)
  • Retail Price $149
  • ISBN Number Various
  • Brief statement why it is requested It was a work I read and studied in my PhD program. It's not if I needed it, it was when.

Just seeing this now. I'm sure it would be a massive work to bring into Accordance, but I wouldn't mind at all having it here (I also have it elsewhere). Along those same lines, there are other, more recent systematic works that I would love to have in Accordance (hint, hint! Last three on the list, without of course forgetting the others!):

MacArthur's Biblical Doctrine is the biggie I really want. Having that in Accordance would be such a blessing.