Allow for use of context/amplify in Parallels module

Lorinda H. M. Hoover

Several times recently, I've been using the a Parallels module (usually Aland) and wanted to see the wider context of a verse or verses from one or more of the Scripture panes.    But those toolbar buttons don't work when the Scripture reference in a Parallels pane is selected. 

I'm trying to follow you on this one. Are you referring to various "Parallels" modules in Accordance, or multiple parallel panes within a text Window (such as multiple Bible translations or Bibles and commentaries)?

The parallels modules.  I most often use the Aland Gospel parallels.

To be even more specific, now that I'm back to my computer and not responding on my iPad, today I had the Gospel Parallels (Aland) open in it's own tab.  I had set the search field to Title and typed in baptism, which brought up "18 The Baptism of Jesus" in the box to the left of the search entry box, and had pulled up the account of Jesus' baptism in all 4 Gospels.  (Although actually in John, it's not at all clear that Jesus was baptized at that point).  

I wanted to see the wider context of each pericope.  Had I been working in a regular search tab, with various search results pulled up, I could have clicked anywhere in the verse for, say Matthew 3:13, hit the context button on the toolbar, and a new tab would have appeared showing Matthew 3:13 in its surrounding context.  But this doesn't work in a parallels module.  Instead, I have to open up a search tab, enter "Matthew 3:13," and set the context of that that tab to "All."  

I use the context button a lot, and would love to be able to use it this way when I'm working in one of the parallels modules. 

Thanks! I'm not seeing a context slider in Parallels, so that would be useful to add.

Amplify is working for me in Parallels if I select a word and Amplify to something else.

You are correct that amplify works: I accidentally two-fingered click when I tried that, and got the contextual menu there.  

What I'm asking for is not a context slider, which I think would be very hard to implement in the parallels modules, given the way they work.  What I want is for the Context button on the toolbar to work: that is to be able to click in a verse in a pane in the Parallels module, and then click on the context button to open a new tab with the verse in context.  Just like we can currently do in search and text tabs. 

Thanks! Can you show me what button you're referring to on search and text tabs? I think I'm still not 100% understanding it. 

The button is in the toolbar (or at least is an option to add to the toolbar)

Screenshot2024-01-03at6_09_31AM.thumb.png.4db37dfc4ed6591edae53ef0c721c977.png

The command can also be accessed by control/two finger/right clicking in a verse and choosing Look up>Context.  But that also does not work in a parallels module pane. 

Thanks! I've got this documented now and linked to this thread.