Simultaneous highlighting of Hebrew/Greek with English

gracegift

Forgive me if this has already been addressed...

When I perform word studies, I would like for both the Hebrew/Greek text and English text to show the word highlighted or marked.  For example, I'm looking at Proverbs 2:15 and did a Lexeme search for the Hebrew word for "crooked"; in the new results window (part of that is listed below), you can see that the Hebrew word is in red.  Is there a way for the English text to show the word in red?  It would visually allow me to see the English words as well as the Hebrew words.  (same principle applies to Greek text).  Thanks in advance!

image.thumb.png.66c30a922593795a3f57a7cab85eefd8.png

• Like 1

I don't think Accordance can do that -- you could run a TEXT search for that particular Hebrew word and it would highlight those words in your English translation

[HMT-W4 =עִקֵּשׁ־1]   -- I know that does not give you a parallel view, but it does highlight all of the hits for that particular Hebrew word  But I am not aware of cross-highlighting search results  like you are looking for.

• Like 1

It takes a few steps to get the following:

image.thumb.png.20d1c12e4757c602c44d87d6dc7d348d.png

image.thumb.png.486e1b3c4f25af75bbf834cb72db7e0c.png

image.png.61bf83845829e188ffc99d1cd1d58e5a.png

• Like 1

@Gary Raynor, can you type up some steps for me to follow?  It seems like you right-click the word, select "Highlight All Hits", but then I don't follow your sub-menu.  Thanks, by the way, for your help.

I'm going to file a Feature Request for this (and I'd also recommend you post this in the "Feature Requests" section of the forums. This would be a really useful addition.

• Like 3

...and is standard in the competition. 🤫

• Like 1

Yep :-)

gracegift 

Have a search tab with the Hebrew Text and the Translation of your choice in parallel
Search in it e.g.

עקשׁ

Add a search tab with the same Translation.
Search using the Text command.

Note that the optional CONTENTS command ensures that you are searching exactly the same verses in the Hebrew Text search tab.
[CONTENTS YourHebrewTextTabName] <AND> [HMT-W4 עקשׁ]

Right click anywhere in the translation pane, chose Highlight hits and choose the highlight of your choice e.g. Lavender
Click yes in the "are you sure" dialog and voila!
Now you should see the Translation of your choice also highlighted in the Hebrew Text pane.

To remove the highlights right click in the Translation Text and chose Clear Highlighted Hits

@Gary Raynor this is great, but I agree this would be better as a click on or off feature and not such a process. 

I finally got the results, but to be honest I don't remember how I got there after about 10 attempts that did not work. This would make a good video instruction; I assume that it could be a 3-minute video.

@Mike Atnip I'll see if I can whip up a QuickTip on it sometime.

@Gary Pauley, very much appreciate the video.  Although some of our sub-menus (i.e., highlighting) are different, I am able to see the hits in both texts.  I ended up having to use a symbol vs. highlighting, but it accomplishes the same goal.

@gracegiftThis is how you can get the same menus as in my video. 

There is a lot to learn on this journey into Biblical Software.

image.png.401886274586c9a1253e52c7e7f7074d.png

image.png.17caaffbb34158c35f0d001d27446daf.png

image.png.80783f001c005f5625123cd730b6ab24.png

image.png.4cc86ecea10d3eb2acb4f583e830c7a7.png

image.png.b3d9f4b9247966602f21e5524a040a1c.png