Literal Standard Version Strongs

Caleb Wachsmuth

I got word that a version of the Literal Standard Version with Strong's tagging is available but has yet to be published on Accordance, any word when this could happen? It would be very helpful for my research.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ckwachsmuth said:

I got word that a version of the Literal Standard Version with Strong's tagging is available but has yet to be published on Accordance, any word when this could happen? It would be very helpful for my research.

I would be interested in it being available.

• Like 1

Thanks for the feedback! I'll pass it on, but I don't have ETAs on new tagged texts at the moment since they take quite a bit of effort.

1 hour ago, Nathan Parker said:

Thanks for the feedback! I'll pass it on, but I don't have ETAs on new tagged texts at the moment since they take quite a bit of effort.

Actually, I had started working on the LSV right before I left. The words are already tagged, so the development will be trivial. All the files are probably still on the server. It's something that a new developer could handle. @David Lang could do it in a couple of days. 

Edited by Mark Allison
  • Like 2

Thanks for the update! I'll reach out to David.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Caleb Wachsmuth said:

I hadn't heard of the LSV before, but it seems like a unique Bible translation that would be fun to have in Accordance!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Brian K. Mitchell said:

I hadn't heard of the LSV before, but it seems like a unique Bible translation that would be fun to have in Accordance!

If you go to the LSV website you can download a Accordance user bible: https://www.lsvbible.com/p/get-lsv.html

It is not tagged. I could not find info on such tagging on the site.

Edited by Michael J. Bolesta
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Michael J. Bolesta said:

If you go to the LSV website you can download a Accordance user bible: https://www.lsvbible.com/p/get-lsv.html

@Mark Allison, before he left Accordance, finished merging the tagged text with LSV so it shouldn't be too much of an issue. I'm hoping it just needs to be found again and added to Accordance. And yeah, I have the LSV, I am looking for the Strong's numbering with it.

Edited by Caleb Wachsmuth
Add @

3 hours ago, Michael J. Bolesta said:

I downloaded it and put it in the tools file, but it will not appear.

1 hour ago, ReformedDoc said:

I downloaded it and put it in the tools file, but it will not appear.

It is a Bible. Try putting it among your texts.

2 hours ago, Michael J. Bolesta said:

Yeah it is the LSV, i will try it there.

2 hours ago, Michael J. Bolesta said:

I can't find text or bible files.

image.png.4ec670ff187d9c9dbb2ad4b591f67f87.png

Try C:\ProgramData\Accordance\Modules\Texts

• Like 1

@ReformedDoc, when I import a user Bible on Windows, it's placed in the folder <support_files_location>\Accordance\Modules\Texts, where <support_files_location> is set with the normal Utilities > Choose Support Files Location... command (and viewable in the registry key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\OakTree\Accordance\supportfilesloc).

While I normally import my user Bibles from a text file, I thought I read someplace that you can simply double-click the .acc2 file to open it, or use the File > Open... command, and Accordance will automatically add it to your library. However, I've never tried that myself, so I can't confirm that what I just said is true.

12 minutes ago, Nathan Parker said:

Try C:\ProgramData\Accordance\Modules\Texts

I have tried & I can't get it to show up anywhere I can see, I have added user tools from Accordance Exchange with no problems. I will just wait & buy the tagged text if Accordance releases it in the future.

17 minutes ago, Steven S said:

While I normally import my user Bibles from a text file, I thought I read someplace that you can simply double-click the .acc2 file to open it, or use the File > Open... command, and Accordance will automatically add it to your library. However, I've never tried that myself, so I can't confirm that what I just said is true.

I can confirm that double-clicking the Literal Standard Version°.acc2 file copies it to <support_files_location>\Accordance\Modules\Texts and adds it to my library. Even after restarting Accordance, the LSV user Bible is still available for access from my library. (NB: I performed this test on Windows 10 with Accordance 13.3.4.)

25 minutes ago, Steven S said:

I can confirm that double-clicking the Literal Standard Version°.acc2 file copies it to <support_files_location>\Accordance\Modules\Texts and adds it to my library. Even after restarting Accordance, the LSV user Bible is still available for access from my library. (NB: I performed this test on Windows 10 with Accordance 13.3.4.)

What does it show up as LSV or Literal Standard Version, I see it in my accordance folder but not anywhere in Accordance when opened, I am using Accordance 14.8.0.2 on Windows 11.

18 minutes ago, ReformedDoc said:

What does it show up as LSV or Literal Standard Version

After double-clicking, it appears in my library at the end of the Texts category as Literal Standard Version°:

lsv-import.thumb.png.a29994131767c83a3340c9ccc251ebd3.png

49 minutes ago, Steven S said:

After double-clicking, it appears in my library at the end of the Texts category as Literal Standard Version°:

lsv-import.thumb.png.a29994131767c83a3340c9ccc251ebd3.png

Only Literal is Young's. first time not being able to add something, I have added stuff in the past with no issues. So I don't know why I am having issues, I was able to get it in Logos for free. but I don't care about it until it is tagged.

• 1 month later...

Strong's may still take some effort, but there'll be good news for those who at least want to use the LSV without using the User Bible coming up. :-)