Eyal Redler (developer of Mellel) on the 2023 Israel-Hamas War

You'll remember that the macOS academic word processor Mellel is based in Israel. This morning, the owner, Eyal Redler, sent out an email about the recent events of the 2023 Israel-Hamas War. You can read his thoughts here

If you're not a Mellel user, becoming one would be a great way to show your support for academic software development in Israel. If you're already a Mellel user, consider making a donation at the link Eyal provides in his message linked above. 

*Note that I get no kickback from promoting Mellel. I just like to support the word processor that I use myself. 

Edited by R. Mansfield

Thanks for sharing! I can't get PayPal to work, but once Mellel 6 is out, I'll upgrade immediately. They're a great word processor, and I'm praying for their team.

I’ve been beta testing Mellel 6, and while I can’t offer specifics about features and what’s new, I can say that it’s a very good upgrade and very stable already. I’ve written two papers in it for my studies and am working on a third one today and tomorrow. 

Unfortunately, with the recent events in Israel, I have no doubt Mellel 6 will be delayed. 

I'm looking forward to Mellel 6, even if I have to wait for it. Praying for them.

• Like 1