Red font?

hbr5

Every time I open a new bible text module, regardless of workspace saved or not, the font appears in red. I have to manually change the settings each time (either in "Set text pane display" or the general preferences -> text display window) to black, but it reverts every time I restart Accordance. Screenshots attached.

Is there some setting I am missing to have it revert to black as default?

Screenshot 2023-09-22 at 9.16.02 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-09-22 at 9.16.35 AM.png

Hi @hbr5,

Your screenshot seems to be in the general settings, and given that, I am as confuse as you are. That said, is this issue only with the ESV? What would happen if you add another random bible as a parallel text? Is that font also in red?

Assuming not, then it would be a setting with the ESV. In such a case you can click that little wheel on the ESV text and select "Set Text Pane Display" --> Customize Theme" and there you can set the text to black and be sure to click "Set as Default."

If, however, you open another parallel text and it is also red, then it seems like some sort of bug given that you need to keep changing it to black in the general preferences. 

Kristin

Bildschirmfoto2023-09-22um06_29_40.thumb.png.d1498435a5361994c22f99bcbbc169dc.png

@Kristin's suggestions should work.

If not, there could be a preferences file that needs resetting. You can try some of that here:

Thanks for both of your posts!

To answer your questions:

1. It does also appear in parallel volumes (not just ESV) when I open them. Only bible texts, however; other volumes (e.g., dictionaries, commentaries, etc.) appear in black)
  2. I did attempt the "Safe Mode" start with the recommended check-marks and it still opened with red text.

@hbr5 your preferences for text modules(in your original post) indicate that your customized font color is red. Open preferences and under "Text Display" look at "Contents" on the right. Select the color you desire (if not red) from the drop down "Color," then click "OK" or hit return.

NB: If you still want red letters for the words of Christ (in texts that have that feature), they will appear red unless you go to "Advanced" (right side of same panel) and select "Hide red letter."

Also, the reason your tools are not all in red text is that the settings for tools are a separate tab or page in preferences (settings in more recent iterations of macOS).

Edited by Michael J. Bolesta