Installation of Accordance GNT Grammar Module Error

Louis Lapides

After listening to Dr. Mark Hoffman's excellent webinar last week, I purchased his book, "Understanding NT Greek."  Accordance correctly placed Hoffamn's book into the folder on NT Greek Grammars. 

However, Accordance also created an additional non-functional file named "Understanding NTG2". This file was placed under Texts. Since Accordance considers this strange file a Text tool, I cannot move it out of this space. This file will not open. I put it into the trash, and Accordance recreated the file and placed it in the exact location.

The module "Understanding the Greek NT" works fine. I don't understand why I ended up with a second file with the same name with the addition of the numerical 2, but does not open. 

Louis Lapides

Screenshot 2023-09-18 at 9.28.58 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-09-18 at 9.32.32 PM.png

See if any of this helps:

• Like 1

Thanks @Nathan Parker. I started Accordance in Safe Mode and removed the orphan file of Hoffman's Understanding NT Greek. The fille remained in the trash. So, thanks for pointing me to some basic fixes that helped. 

• Like 1

Did you check to see if your Hoffman highlight file is working with the NA28 GNT?

@ReformedDoc I see that the morphological highlight file is a separate download found in the User Forums. See screenshot. Are you saying that the module I downloaded from Accordance included this morphological highlight file? The Understanding the GNT2 file I deleted would not open; the info button did not respond either. 

Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

Screenshot 2023-09-20 at 10.48.15 AM.png

• Like 1

@ReformedDoc I reinstalled Hoffman's Understanding NT Greek, and the same non-functioning file appeared under Texts. I'm still not sure what it is. Plus, I accessed the NA28 GNT. I did see the morphological highlight file functionality. 

Then, I went to Accordance Exchange and installed the Morphological highlighting tool. It works great. Thanks for the tip. I'll follow up with support regarding the file in question.

Edited by Louis Lapides
  • Like 1

First, thanks for buying my grammar!

I think (?) that the highlighting file that installs with the grammar is "UnderstandingNTG." On this forum, I linked to an updated one, "UnderstandingNTG2." Both files should work fine. I've simply added a couple extra grammatical features I was able to isolate in the NTG2 version.

• Like 2

@mgvh could you put a link to the file in this thread or give a link to the thread containing it? Thank you very much!

• Like 2

@mgvhI'm looking forward to applying your grammatical insights to my understanding of Koine Greek. When I purchased your grammar, a file called Understanding NTGreek2 was placed under the category of Texts. The file was not seen as a highlight file but as a Text module. I did look into the highlights folder and the morphological highlights file was not there. Then I downloaded the highlights file from Accordance Exchange and put it into the Highlights folder. It works great. I'm looking forward to using it. It's still a mystery why I have this UnderstandingNTGreek2 Module as one of my Texts. Plus, I uninstalled Understanding NT Greek and reinstalled it and achieved the same results. Thank you Dr. Hoffman for your contribution and for reaching out to us on this thread. 

• Like 2

Here are the files to turn on and toggle off the highlights. Be sure to put them in the Accordance > Accordance Files > Highlights folder.

ToggleOffHighlights.hlt

UnderstandingNTG2.hlt

Edited by mgvh
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@mgvh Thanks so much for these files. I trust others who own your Greek Grammar will also download them.

6 hours ago, mgvh said:

First, thanks for buying my grammar!

I think (?) that the highlighting file that installs with the grammar is "UnderstandingNTG." On this forum, I linked to an updated one, "UnderstandingNTG2." Both files should work fine. I've simply added a couple extra grammatical features I was able to isolate in the NTG2 version.

I have a question since I just downloaded the update GNT2, is it best to delete the original or it really doesn't matter?

Also, I love the resource, so thank you for your work.

• Like 1

@ReformedDoc I'm attempting to figure out why my module UnderstandingGreekNT2 is inoperable. It is installed under Text Modules, but it doesn't open. I understand this Module is separate from the files concerning morphological highlighting. Maybe you can shed some light on this? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Louis Lapides said:

@ReformedDoc I'm attempting to figure out why my module UnderstandingGreekNT2 is inoperable. It is installed under Text Modules, but it doesn't open. I understand this Module is separate from the files concerning morphological highlighting. Maybe you can shed some light on this? 

Yes, you need to put it in accordance highlight folder, not under text & you can put the toggle off & on file there also.

image.thumb.png.8c90a0ccb87a1bb86ba155c89bbcacdc.png

Edited by ReformedDoc
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, ReformedDoc said:

I have a question since I just downloaded the update GNT2, is it best to delete the original or it really doesn't matter?

Also, I love the resource, so thank you for your work.

You can delete the first one, but it doesn't really matter.

• Like 2

@Louis Lapides You said: It's still a mystery why I have this UnderstandingNTGreek2 Module as one of my Texts....

The module should have gone under Accordance > Modules > TOOLS  (not Texts).

• Like 2

If someone else buys this and has the module go into Texts instead of Tools, let me know. I'll look into it.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, mgvh said:

@Louis Lapides You said: It's still a mystery why I have this UnderstandingNTGreek2 Module as one of my Texts....

The module should have gone under Accordance > Modules > TOOLS  (not Texts).

I see that you answered his question because I did not realize he was asking about the module & not the highlight file. I have put my module in my Greek studies folder which I created.