Ghost image with instant details

Donald Cobb

Hi all,

I've actually had this problem for quite a while—since at least version 13—but I've never gotten around to reporting it. When I have two zones open, and then open another text in the left hand zone with Instant details showing, if I reduce the ID window, the cog button should disappear behind the right-hand zone. Instead it becomes a ghost image that I can't get rid of. These images show what's happening:

image.thumb.jpeg.82a59564eb41dabd9dbee935261d748f.jpeg

image.jpeg.47a186c39c7acb1f95aaac8569d149a6.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.798f5809aabb58f40a3930eabbc01a9a.jpeg

Here it is again after opening another resource in the right-hand pane:

image.jpeg.80e6415ce5781729a82ee897b3ef34c7.jpeg

This happens on my 2021 MBA (Acc 14.07) as well as on my 2010 MBP (Acc 13). Could it please be fixed in the next update ? Thanks!

Can you post a screenshot of your entire workspace so I can see it better? I'll see if I can reproduce it. 

Thanks! I tested this on my machine, but I can't reproduce it. I'd recommend emailing this video to Tech Support, but before you do that, you can try these instructions here:

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/26/2023 at 10:35 PM, Nathan Parker said:

Thanks! I tested this on my machine, but I can't reproduce it. I'd recommend emailing this video to Tech Support, but before you do that, you can try these instructions here:

Hi @Nathan Parker, just getting back to this now because of busyness. Thanks for your reply. As I mentioned previously, this happens on multiple machines and multiple versions of Accordance. Did you check this out using French as the interface language? The problem doesn't come up with the English UI because of the length of the title. If you haven't done so, could you give it a try with the French UI? Thanks! 

I can reproduce it when i switch my interface language to French.  Key point is it affects additional search tabs created, not the first one.  The other thing that threw me was the reference to the Instant Details window.  The issue is with the Info Pane, although that is clear from the screenshots and screen capture.

Also...I had forgotten about the option to create your own toolset in the Info Pane.  Thanks for the reminder!

17 minutes ago, Lorinda H. M. Hoover said:

I can reproduce it when i switch my interface language to French.  Key point is it affects additional search tabs created, not the first one.  The other thing that threw me was the reference to the Instant Details window.  The issue is with the Info Pane, although that is clear from the screenshots and screen capture.

Also...I had forgotten about the option to create your own toolset in the Info Pane.  Thanks for the reminder!

Thank you Lorinda! Yes, I should have said the Info Pane. I was pretty sure this was a consistent bug in Accordance itself. I would like to see it fixed!

Thanks for this! Let me show this to someone here.

• 3 months later...

Hi, 

I tried extensively to recreate this in the French interface and multiple tabs and additional tabs added. I spent 20 minutes trying to reproduce this on a Mac with Monterey and in Accordance 14.0.8 and the 14.0.9b5 beta. I could not reproduce it at all.  I know you said that you could reproduce it on multiple machines and multiple versions of Accordance. Are you sharing the same workspace on all of the computers?  I must be missing something. It is clear that it is happening in your video. I followed the steps but couldn't reproduce it. If someone can provide the exact steps to take that'll actually reproduce it, I will be able to report it. Maybe it was the operating systems on the computers that makes the difference. Please provide all of the information that you can and I will try this again. Thanks.

• Like 1

Hi Billy, this happens when I open any workspace, using Acc 13 on my 2010 MBPro or my more recent MBA with Acc. 13 or now with Acc. 14. If you want, we could set up a Zoom call with a screen share. You can pm if you wish.

I thought I was able to eventually reproduce this on my machine last time it was posted. If I need to re-rest, I can.