Major Savings on Word Biblical Commentary

Dr. Nathan Parker

Word Biblical Commentary is on sale for $399.99 for one week only. If you don't own it yet, now's the time to get it, as we won't get a chance to offer it this low for a while!

• Like 1

Nathan, having seen your very positive video review of this excellent set, i would love to know what you docked the star off the set for in your january review?

;o) 

I'm a tough grader. 4 stars is generally the highest grade I give most books/book sets with the exception for my absolute favorite authors or for an author who has produced a super-outstanding work. Overall WBC is a fantastic set, but I wouldn't give most commentary sets more than four stars (even the top-notch ones). 

Any future teaching I do, I can already hear the groans from future students knowing they'll have to work hard to earn a good grade. :-)

55 minutes ago, Nathan Parker said:

Word Biblical Commentary is on sale for $399.99 for one week only. If you don't own it yet, now's the time to get it, as we won't get a chance to offer it this low for a while!

Ohhhh! Three months late! The competition beat you this time, to my regrets. And to think Accordance is even $20 cheaper. If only I could now sell my other set ... I don't need duplicates of $400 commentaries!

31 minutes ago, TXCiclista said:

Why are Acts, 1 Corinthians, and Colossians/Philemon not included?

Acts and 1 cor have not been written/ published yet! I live in hope and acts is somewhere in production and we may see it in the next year. There is a thread about its publication confusion below.

for 1 cor, i did get the nicnt volume when it was on sale and while it is ok, i really dont like the way the material is presented in a totally unstructured way. 

colossians and philemon were withdrawn by the publisher a few years back as the references to other sources had not been detailed rigorously enough though if you had bought them in a previous set, you still had the copies. 

there is a good explanation of the different set and which version is in each detailed in this article.

https://www.accordancebible.com/article/wbc2015/

Edited by ukfraser
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Nathan Parker said:

Any future teaching I do, I can already hear the groans from future students knowing they'll have to work hard to earn a good grade. 🙂

I had one of those, she was quite upfront about the fact that the max score she would ever award was 80 so it wasnt really a percentage!!!!!! So i was pleased to get 78 out of 80!

;o) 

Edited by ukfraser

1 hour ago, ukfraser said:

I had one of those, she was quite upfront about the fact that the max score she would ever award was 80 so it wasnt really a percentage!!!!!! So i was pleased to get 78 out of 80!

I'll give my future students A's...if they earn it. :-)

4 hours ago, Mike Atnip said:

Ohhhh! Three months late! The competition beat you this time, to my regrets. And to think Accordance is even $20 cheaper. If only I could now sell my other set ... I don't need duplicates of $400 commentaries!

DM'd you.

I'll add that anyone on the fence about this deal because they would instead only buy "the best books from each commentary set"— consider that 22 of them make the #1 or #2 position on the Best Commentaries website. If you wait for a 50% sale to purchase the individual volumes, assuming $22 each, you'd still be paying $80 more than the current sale price and receiving 39 fewer books. This truly is a great deal!

3 hours ago, Biblebob412 said:

I'll add that anyone on the fence about this deal because they would instead only buy "the best books from each commentary set"— consider that 22 of them make the #1 or #2 position on the Best Commentaries website. If you wait for a 50% sale to purchase the individual volumes, assuming $22 each, you'd still be paying $80 more than the current sale price and receiving 39 fewer books. This truly is a great deal!

And can i add that having bought a volume from another publisher that received 100% on best commentaries before its present face lift and being totally underwhelmed, i treat best commentaries as a great place to see what is available but now the scores with a high degree of scepticism as you cannot see the underlying data, even less than a certain well known provider from the south american rain forest!

This is a fantastic set and worth every cent. Now is the time to get off the fence and grab a brilliant resource at a bargain price!

Ps this always topped the top purchases whenever it was on sale before and the sales data was published on the accordance web site.

Edited by ukfraser
  • Like 1

@ukfraser Good point! I also like that WBC doesn't transliterate Hebrew and Greek words

45 minutes ago, Biblebob412 said:

@ukfraser Good point! I also like that WBC doesn't transliterate Hebrew and Greek words

And clicking on the Hebrew and Greek  takes you to your lexicons when you need to. Great integration. 
i so value the way the content is structured. I must have bought mine about 2014 and upgraded as revised volumes were published and have enjoyed using them ever since.

Edited by ukfraser
  • Like 1

This is the best deal we'll run on this for a while, so anyone on the fence, grab it before it's gone!

On 8/22/2023 at 8:18 PM, Nathan Parker said:

DM'd you.

I waited until the proverbial last minute for my other copy to sell, but only got one nibble. So, I did go ahead and bite the bullet and get a set for Accordance. Hopefully a buyer shows up for the competitor's version soon. 🙂

1 hour ago, Mike Atnip said:

I waited until the proverbial last minute for my other copy to sell, but only got one nibble. So, I did go ahead and bite the bullet and get a set for Accordance. Hopefully a buyer shows up for the competitor's version soon. 🙂

Great! I'll be praying that all goes well for you there!