Comparing reference lists

Donald Cobb

Hello all,

Is there a way to compare text lists and ferret out the differences between them? For instance, in Kristin's post the other day, I was looking at some differences between BHS and HMT, which returned 806 hits as opposed to 808 hits, respectively. I was able to track down the two verses where there was a difference, but I had to manually compare the analyses of each search, first by book, then by chapter. Is there a way of doing this via one of the usual functionalities? I.e., I have two lists, and I want to exclude all the verses that are in both lists, leaving only the verses that are in one or the other but not the two. This was easy to do in BibleWorks, with the Word List Manager. But I'm not sure how to do it in Accordance. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

• Like 3

Any ideas on this?

Off the top of my head, I'm not sure. Hopefully someone else will chime in on this one.

I think the Contents command might do this; comparing the contents of two different searches;if I understand it correctly

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, mbcvida said:

I think the Contents command might do this; comparing the contents of two different searches;if I understand it correctly

got there before me!

the sytax

‏=הִנֵּה ‎<NOT>‎<WITHIN 1 Words>‎[SUFFIX]‎<NOT>‎[CONTENTS Biblia Hebraica Stuttgartensia Tagged]

seems to work with me  ( as long as it is the same each in the BHS tab (‏=הִנֵּה ‎<NOT>‎<WITHIN 1 Words>‎[SUFFIX])

gives the difference between BHS and HMT as 

s. 54:16‏ הֵן [הִנֵּ֤ה] אָֽנֹכִי֙ בָּרָ֣אתִי חָרָ֔שׁ נֹפֵ֙חַ֙ בְּאֵ֣שׁ פֶּחָ֔ם וּמוֹצִ֥יא כְלִ֖י לְמַעֲשֵׂ֑הוּ וְאָנֹכִ֛י בָּרָ֥אתִי מַשְׁחִ֖ית לְחַבֵּֽל׃

Edited by Tim Planche
  • Like 1