Moving from the Mac App Store Version to the Direct Install Version of Accordance Desktop

Dr. Nathan Parker

The direct install version and the Mac App Store version of Accordance look the same on the surface, but are setup on Macs in completely different ways and are not interchangeable. The Mac App Store version is ‘sandboxed’. The direct install version is not. This leads to limitations in the Mac App Store version that are not present in direct install version.

At the moment, we have paused offering a Mac App Store version, and we recommend any customers using the Mac App Store version to move to the direct install version.

To remove the Mac App Store version, navigate to:

Go/Home/Library/Containers/com.OakTree.MAS.Accordance and delete the com.OakTree.MAS.Accordance folder (in Mac OS X 10.7 and up, you may have to press your Option key while you have the Go menu open in order to see the hidden Library underneath Home in the Go drop down menu).

Also, if you have Accordance 10.4.6 or later installed, then you will need to check the Group Containers folder for another folder, RVS387QN32.com.OakTree.MAS.Accordance and delete it as well.

If these folders are not present, please move to the next step.

You will also need to remove any Accordance app from your Applications folder.

Then do a clean installation of our direct install version from:

http://www.accordancebible.com/Accordance-Installers/

or

https://www.accordancebible.com/download-accordance/

This is a problem with Evernote and others as well.  

I believe most of our customers have pivoted off the Mac App Store version, but I posted this here as a just in case anyone needs to know it. True on other Mac App Store apps.

• 2 weeks later...

I’ll just call tech support to do this.  It shouldn’t be so complicated. And I’m still stuck not being able to download any App Update from months ago which has led me to stop using Accordance altogether!

I feel bad for you Nate.  It seems like you’re the scapegoat chosen to have to deal with all the nonsense the V.14 early release brought.

Support will get you taken care of. I haven't minded dealing with the Accordance 14 Launch Day issues. I'm pretty tough. :-)

43 minutes ago, Nathan Parker said:

Support will get you taken care of. I haven't minded dealing with the Accordance 14 Launch Day issues. I'm pretty tough. 🙂

Well, my prayers are with you, sir! Have a good night 👍

I'll always take prayers!

• Dr. Nathan Parker unpinned this topic