The Life of the Messiah from a Jewish Perspective by Dr. Arnold Fruchtenbaum

Louis Lapides

I’m teaching a class in my congregation on the Life of Jesus from a Jewish Perspective. I’m using Dr. Arnold Fruchtenbaum’s abridged book, The Life of Messiah from a Messianic Jewish Perspective. The abridged edition is 703 pages. But Arnold has the full four-volume set as well. Each one is 700 pages with full documentation of his resources.

Regarding the life of Christ, Accordance offers Edersheim, a classic work, but verbose and dated in its writing style. Dr. Fruchtenbaum, a DTS graduate with a Ph.D. from NYU, has taken Edersheim’s well-respected work to another level.

This work would make an incredible addition to the modules already on Accordance. 

Title:  Yeshua: The Life of Messiah from a Messianic Jewish Perspective - The Abridged Version

Page Count:712 pages

ISBN:  978-935174-75-2

Publisher:  Ariel Ministries

Date: December 2017

Description:  During His ministry to the Jewish people, Yeshua (Jesus) journeyed throughout the land promised to the Jewish patriarchs, presenting Himself to the Jews as their Messiah. He was a Jew living in a Jewish land among the Jewish people. Yet, much of the knowledge of this Jewish society, its culture and traditions has grown dim with the passage of time. In this work, Dr. Arnold G. Fruchtenbaum shines a bright light on the life of Yeshua and the land of Israel during the Second Temple period, interpreting the Gospels from a Messianic Jewish perspective. To achieve this, Dr. Fruchtenbaum had done original research in the Hebrew, Aramaic, and Greek source texts, and has also drawn on the works of other scholars and the writings of ancient rabbis.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Louis Lapides said:

I’m teaching a class in my congregation on the Life of Jesus from a Jewish Perspective. I’m using Dr. Arnold Fruchtenbaum’s abridged book, The Life of Messiah from a Messianic Jewish Perspective. The abridged edition is 703 pages. But Arnold has the full four-volume set as well. Each one is 700 pages with full documentation of his resources.

Regarding the life of Christ, Accordance offers Edersheim, a classic work, but verbose and dated in its writing style. Dr. Fruchtenbaum, a DTS graduate with a Ph.D. from NYU, has taken Edersheim’s well-respected work to another level.

This work would make an incredible addition to the modules already on Accordance. 

Title:  Yeshua: The Life of Messiah from a Messianic Jewish Perspective - The Abridged Version

Page Count:712 pages

ISBN:  978-935174-75-2

Publisher:  Ariel Ministries

Date: December 2017

Description:  During His ministry to the Jewish people, Yeshua (Jesus) journeyed throughout the land promised to the Jewish patriarchs, presenting Himself to the Jews as their Messiah. He was a Jew living in a Jewish land among the Jewish people. Yet, much of the knowledge of this Jewish society, its culture and traditions has grown dim with the passage of time. In this work, Dr. Arnold G. Fruchtenbaum shines a bright light on the life of Yeshua and the land of Israel during the Second Temple period, interpreting the Gospels from a Messianic Jewish perspective. To achieve this, Dr. Fruchtenbaum had done original research in the Hebrew, Aramaic, and Greek source texts, and has also drawn on the works of other scholars and the writings of ancient rabbis.

Dr. Arnold Fruchtenbaum has a lot of great resources that are available on the other platform and could be a great addition here.

• Like 4

Got it on the list! Thanks for sharing it! I've read some of his works, and they'd be great additions to Accordance.

• Like 4

@ReformedDoc In looking at the other platform, I do not see that they have Arnold's Life of Messiah series in the Abridged or Full 4 Volume set. I would love to be able to access this invaluable work on Accordance and have search capabilities. 

• Like 1

I didn't see it on any platform yet except for eBooks. It would make a great addition to Accordance!

• Like 1