Triple-click not functioning

TyreeWD3

Good day all,

I am running Mac OS Ventura 13.4.1 on a MacBook Air 13" M2 chip.  I don't use it often but just discovered that when I triple-click nothing happens.  I don't think this is an Accordance issue because I have a Mac Mini with the same Mac OS system and both are running the latest version of Accordance 14.  Triple-click works fine on the Mini but not the MacBook.  I'm at a loss for how to troubleshoot this.  Any help or suggestions are greatly needed and appreciated.

Thanks

• Like 1

Have you checked your triple click settings in settings (preferences)?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Michael J. Bolesta said:

Have you checked your triple click settings in settings (preferences)?

I have and where I should be amplifying to result in nothing.  I thought that maybe my trackpad was not working properly but it works for Live click, double click, but not triple click.

• Like 1

I'm moving this to Bug Swatters, Mac, since it would be some form of Accordance issue we need to troubleshoot (I probably could have moved it to Tech Support as well, but I'll leave it here in case a bug report comes up).

Have you tried Safe Mode yet? I wonder if there's a corrupt preferences file or some form of corrupt file on your MacBook Pro.

Is the Mac mini Apple Silicon or Intel?

9 hours ago, Nathan Parker said:

I'm moving this to Bug Swatters, Mac, since it would be some form of Accordance issue we need to troubleshoot (I probably could have moved it to Tech Support as well, but I'll leave it here in case a bug report comes up).

Have you tried Safe Mode yet? I wonder if there's a corrupt preferences file or some form of corrupt file on your MacBook Pro.

Is the Mac mini Apple Silicon or Intel?

I'm sorry for the delay in responding. I have not tried safe mode and not sure how to access it.  The Mac Mini is an M2 as well.

@Lorinda H. M. Hoover I pray your day is going well.  I read the info on Safe Mode and the warnings were sufficient enough to discourage me.  I am not that savvy technically and cannot risk doing more harm than good.  Thanks for reaching out.  

@TyreeWD3 I suggest you put a call into technical support, (407) 339-0266, or send them an email, techsupport@accordancebible.com

I have always found them helpful. The response may be after the holiday weekend.

• Like 1

I'm monitoring the support email. They'll probably want you to try Safe Mode. We can do a screen share and walk you through it if need be.

12 minutes ago, Nathan Parker said:

I'm monitoring the support email. They'll probably want you to try Safe Mode. We can do a screen share and walk you through it if need be.

Great! That works for me.

Billy will be back in the office Monday, so I'll have him do the screen share. I'll try to jump in and do some screen shares down the road when I familiarize myself with the technology.

@Nathan Parker @Michael J. Bolesta @Lorinda H. M. Hoover

Good day and thanks,

I was suspect as to whether or not this was an Accordance issue.  Turns out, it was not! Hallelujah.  I am a "keyboard shortcut" person and don't use the trackpad too often.  I was having problems opening files or documents with a double-click and solved my issue with a right click.  It turns out, after talking with two Apple representatives that under accessibility I had my double click set to faster than was humanly possible for it to register.  Having made the adjustment, I can now not only open files and documents with a double-click, triple-click works perfectly fine.

Thank you for your prompt response and support.  Have a great rest of the day and holiday tomorrow.
  • Like 1

Good to know! Thanks again!