Bundles for a Bible College syllabus in Australia

Lawrence

I study part time in a Bible college affiliated with ACT, the Australian College of Theology.

ACT covers a lot of Bible colleges in Australia, providing the syllabus and awards academic credentials, but leaves the actual teaching to individual colleges.

I come from a science/technology background, where you might have a couple of textbooks per unit each semester. So long as the textbooks explain things in a reasonable way, students don't have to read a ton of authors to grasp the nuances of the text. If you're learning about Newton's Laws of Motion, there's a bunch of equations and maybe some calculus, but that's about it.

Theology, however, is a humanities discipline, so even though we have the Bible as our common primary document, there's (intended figuratively, but probably also literally) a ton of authors that we need to read to tease out connections, intent, application, and more.

Each unit in the syllabus has a bunch of references, whether dictionaries and commentaries of various kinds, or letters and writings from various eras. There's a lot of reading involved, but even before the reading, there's resource acquisition. Our libraries make the resources available, but searching and bookmarking etc of the paper volumes is time-consuming, and online volumes in our library aren't a lot better. Besides, a lot of the material is good stuff that would be handy to own for future ministry.

If Accordance could communicate with the ACT and offer a bundle for either a whole degree or just a unit, that would solve the resource-acquisition part. It might also be economically more affordable due to the scale of books sold.

Is this something Accordance is already doing, or might contemplate doing?

Note: I came across the various coloured bundles - including academic bundles - but I'm not sure whether they were tailored to the Australian syllabuses.

(Feel free to move this post to Module Requests. I only posted it here because it's about more than a single module, contra the posting guidelines in the Module Requests section.)

• Like 1

Thanks for the feedback! I just did some research on ACT for my PhD Dissertation, so I have this fresh on my mind. I'll chat with our teams about it.

• Like 2