Grudem's 2 edition.

Alberto Rodriguez

If I own the 1st edition of Grudem's Systematic Theology, do I get a discount?

I don't think so.  I could be wrong, but when a new edition is created it is more or less seen as a new product, therefore sold separately, irregardless of previous editions.

• Sad 1

Books, digital or print, are sold as separate resources when a new edition comes out.  You wouldn’t go to Barnes and Nobles asking for a discount on a second edition just because you have the first edition.  Business would go bankrupt if they did that.  Unfortunately, that’s how it works. 👍

• Like 2

Unfortunately, the answer is no. While we are able to offer discounted prices on something like a commentary set when new volumes become available in Accordance, discounts between editions of a single work would have to be decided by the publisher.

I will say that I personally think the update is worth purchasing though, if for no other reason than to see Grudem's arguments for adopting an old earth position on creation as well as his clarifications post "subordination" controversy from a few years ago.

• Like 2

Sean is correct. The publisher considers the second edition an entirely new product, so there isn't an upgrade discount for it.

I need to read through it. I've read the first edition years ago, and I need to catch up on his revisions.

Nothing like a little light reading ...

Would be great to read before I go to bed....