An old problem back again

Donald Cobb

Hi all,

I'm encountering a problem that was taken care of a couple of iterations ago but now is back. When I split windows in iOS, it opens a second pane and the split is in the middle. However, when I then go to another app and comme back to Accordance, the split is far right and the primary pane takes up about 80% of the space. This morning, when switching between Acc. and a word processor as I study a text, I had to resize the windows a dozen or so times. Very frustrating! Can we hope that this will be fixed for the next update? Thanks!

• Like 1

We released a new update today. Try it and let me know if that resolved it or not. If not, I'll file a bug report.

13 minutes ago, Nathan Parker said:

We released a new update today. Try it and let me know if that resolved it or not. If not, I'll file a bug report.

Ok. Thanks Nathan!

Hi @Nathan Parker, just wanted to let you know that the problem persists with the new update. This doesn't seem to happen when switching between ressources in Accordance, but it's systematic when going from Accordance to another app, then comming back to Accordance.

Thanks! I'll report it.

Thank you Nathan!

++++++++++++++++++++++++1

11 hours ago, Ken Simpson said:

++++++++++++++++++++++++1

Ken, don't you mean + 10000000000000000000000000? 😂

13 hours ago, Donald Cobb said:

Actually no, Donald, and my rationalisation is that I am only one person, but I am RREEAALLLYYY frustrated with this particular display bug. 🤪

Edited by Ken Simpson

3 hours ago, Ken Simpson said:

Actually no, Donald, and my rationalisation is that I am only one person, but I am RREEAALLLYYY frustrated with this particular display bug. 🤪

Ok, for me it was, A thousand times please!!!! The reasons are the same. 

On 6/12/2023 at 3:56 AM, Donald Cobb said:

14 hours ago, Donald Cobb said:

Ok, for me it was, A thousand times please!!!! The reasons are the same. 

Oh indeed

• 1 month later...

I am assuming that you already have the 3.4.1 update and this is still happening for you.

I cannot reproduce this on either an iPhone or an iPad.

Can you give us some specific steps that we can take to reproduce this please? What app are you going to? How long do you stay at the other app? Is this something that is intermittent? We want to help, but we can't report something we cannot reproduce.

Which exact iOS version are you using? Which Accordance for iOS are you using? What type of device (and model number) are you using?

Have you tried removing your saved sessions yet to see if that helps? 

1) Quit Accordance.  Either double tap the Home key or drag up from the bottom quickly and stop (on the newer iOS devices) until you get the small screens of each the apps that are currently open. ‘Sling' Accordance off of the screen in order to close the Accordance app.

2) Open the Apple Settings gear.

3) Scroll down until you find the Accordance app and select it.

4)Turn on Remove Saved Session (under Application Startup).

5) Restart Accordance.

Hopefully we can get this figured out. Thanks.

18 minutes ago, Billy32792 said:

I am assuming that you already have the 3.4.1 update and this is still happening for you.

I cannot reproduce this on either an iPhone or an iPad.

Can you give us some specific steps that we can take to reproduce this please? What app are you going to? How long do you stay at the other app? Is this something that is intermittent? We want to help, but we can't report something we cannot reproduce.

Which exact iOS version are you using? Which Accordance for iOS are you using? What type of device (and model number) are you using?

Have you tried removing your saved sessions yet to see if that helps? 

1) Quit Accordance.  Either double tap the Home key or drag up from the bottom quickly and stop (on the newer iOS devices) until you get the small screens of each the apps that are currently open. ‘Sling' Accordance off of the screen in order to close the Accordance app.

2) Open the Apple Settings gear.

3) Scroll down until you find the Accordance app and select it.

4)Turn on Remove Saved Session (under Application Startup).

5) Restart Accordance.

Hopefully we can get this figured out. Thanks.

Thank Billy for your reply. Some info: Yes, I have the 3.4.1, which systematically displays this behavior. I can, for instance, open my BHS with, say, HALOT as a parallel window, then open, for instance Mellel, and go back at any point to Accordance, and the HALOT window is now to the far right. I have an iPad Air (3d generation), with 16.5.1 (c). I can PM my model number.

I'll try removing the saved sessions but I'll have to get back to you on that. 

Hello @Billy32792. I tried removing the saved session. No difference from before.

Im not seeing it either but im still on 3.4.1 running on 15.7 on a first gen ipad pro, im a late adopter of ios as in the past ive lost apps but will be updating soon.

The app i tend to use is the ios notes but have also been switching to safari for this thread in addition. But for example using jps with either jps torah commentay or jewish study bible and moving the divider, its remaining fixed when i return.

Edited by ukfraser