I sprang for 14; now I can't get a truly black background

Enoch

I set the preferences for black background, & in the preview pane the background looks perfectly black. But what I see on the screen is dark charcoal, not true black.  Frustration!

Another issues is that if I try some theme or change background color, the Acc 14 changes my font to who knows what, & again I have to set Arial, my preference.

If you have some screenshots, that would help. You can also reach out to Technical Support via email as well for trobuleshooting.

I tried changing mine to black and it seems to be truly black

I can't see that taking a screen shot would accomplish a thing. What I say is that I try to change color of background to black & it appears black in the preview pane, but it is dark charcoal that I see when text displays.  And now a new problem, the font changed to white after I had green selected, & it won't change from white now.

I believe we have an open bug report on some text display issues in preferences. Go ahead and email Tech Support about this bug and the new bug you discovered today. That way they can collect that info from you and add it to the bug report. I can file bug reports as well, but I want Tech Support aware of these issues. You're welcome to Cc my email (nparker[at]accordancebible[dot]com, replace bracketed text with punctuation) in the conversation as well.