How do you scroll across the tab bar in Accordance 14.0.5?

Lawrence

System: Accordance 14.0.5, running on Windows 11.

When I have more tabs than the program will display, how do I scroll the list? I'm pretty sure the angled-bracket controls ("<" and ">") at either side of the tabs are supposed to do this, but they don't do that. Instead, one of them will show a drop-down list of tabs, and the other is completely non-functional. Sometimes the one with the drop-down list is on the left, and sometimes on the right. In every case, the other control doesn't do anything.

Expected behaviour: If I have tabs A, B, C, D, E, F, G and tabs C, D, E are showing, then I expect pressing "<" to show B, C, D (or press ">" to show D, E, F).

image.png.fdd5e90f8f37132711ca214709e034ff.png

There's also another bug that may be related. Sometimes the "x" overlaps the "<" control. See below.

image.png.31f72ed7e1a5585162bc571b4c336bd8.png

Edited by Lawrence

ctrl shift [ or ]

• Thanks 1

Let me know if I need to file a bug report on this.

19 hours ago, Lawrence said:

System: Accordance 14.0.5, running on Windows 11.

When I have more tabs than the program will display, how do I scroll the list? I'm pretty sure the angled-bracket controls ("<" and ">") at either side of the tabs are supposed to do this, but they don't do that. Instead, one of them will show a drop-down list of tabs, and the other is completely non-functional. Sometimes the one with the drop-down list is on the left, and sometimes on the right. In every case, the other control doesn't do anything.

Expected behaviour: If I have tabs A, B, C, D, E, F, G and tabs C, D, E are showing, then I expect pressing "<" to show B, C, D (or press ">" to show D, E, F).

image.png.fdd5e90f8f37132711ca214709e034ff.png

There's also another bug that may be related. Sometimes the "x" overlaps the "<" control. See below.

image.png.31f72ed7e1a5585162bc571b4c336bd8.png

I don't think the first issue is a bug. Clicking on the > arrow to the right allows you to see the zones that are open, but not visible, to the right of your active zone. Clicking on < to the left shows you the hidden zones on the left. However, if you don't have any hidden zones on the left, clicking < doesn't do anything. As Gary pointed out, control + shift is the usual way to cycle through your zones (or control + shift + enter, to cycle backwards).

I've never encountered the second issue, but that certainly is a bug.

9 hours ago, Nathan Parker said:

Let me know if I need to file a bug report on this.

Thank you.

As @Donald Cobb says, the overlapping controls is certainly a bug. Please file a bug report on that.

With the left and right arrow controls, this is arguably a user-interface oversight.

I can use @Gary Raynor's workaround (thanks, Gary!) to manually move one tab left or right at a time, but I'd prefer to be able to use the arrows as well.

At the moment, what the left-arrow and right-arrow controls do is produce a dropdown list of the tabs on the side I clicked.

If I'm somewhere in the middle, the left and right lists appear, but I can't use the mouse to move the whole tab set left or right.

Even if it's not a bug, please raise this to the user-interface team to have a look at.

It would be good to have a mouse-equivalent for manipulating visual elements of the user interface.

image.png.1861d6ae95a46805e48927d9c96abc97.png  

image.png.dce477b1c64254d5505765c5f3b95c9a.png

Thanks! I’ll report the one bug.