Re-installing 12

Enoch

IMHO:  I got out a laptop that I have not used in a while, which had Accordance 12 on it.  I like 12 because of its highlight system, as I have used it for years & don't like the change begun with 13.  But when I tried to fire it up, I got an error message that Accordance could not find a file or files.  So I ultimately erased all of Accordance I could find & went to download from AccordanceBible.com the legacy Accordance 12.x.  It seemed to download & I got a dmg file.  I clicked on it & got the picture of using mouse to move it to Applications, which I did.  And I got a demand on screen to tell me where to put Accordance File(s) or something like that.  I selected Applications. But after doing that, it would not work.  I got an Accordance registration box, which I filled out. I tried my email for my name & it didn't work. Then I entered just my first & last name without a space between, & that seemed to work. But I got an "unable to access online database" message, & I don't have Acc 12 re-installed so as to function. However, in applications I see listed Accordance & Accordance files.

I remember the old bugaboo about using Safari & selecting permissions of some kind; but that does not pop up when I go to AccordanceBible.com with Safari now.  I am using Mojave, BTW.

Remember that Accordance 12 will no longer connect to Accordance’ servers, so you will be getting the “unable to access online database error” in Accordance 12.