Saved files

Gary Monks

Sorry to be a pain , but 14 is still giving me grief. I have like many a bunch of saved files..........the problem is they simply will not open from the said file location.

Every time I open the file I want it automatically opens accordance to the last workspace I was in.

The file is there and I can access from the worksapce im in by choosing ..File ...Open, and then find and open the file required .

Any one else having the same issue?

Are these workspace "*.accord" files? If so, I can confirm the problem.

Here are the steps for the programmers to reproduce the bug:

1. In Accordance, save the current workspace as "Test Workspace.accord".

2. Open "English Study.accord" from inside Accordance (File-Open).

3. Close "Test Workspace.accord", then close "English Study.accord".

4. Go to the user folder in Windows and double-click on "Test Workspace.accord". Accordance opens "English Study.accord" instead.

5. Close Accordance and repeat step 4 with any other workspace. Accordance will always open "English Study.accord" instead of the selected workspace.

I can open "Test Workspace.accord" if I use File-Open from inside Accordance.

Preferences: General-Startup = Last Session

Desired behaviour: at step 4, the double-clicked workspace should be the one that Accordance opens.

That is, regardless of the General-Startup preference setting, an explicit workspace launch from Windows should open that workspace in Accordance.

Edited by Lawrence

18 hours ago, Lawrence said:

Desired behaviour: at step 4, the double-clicked workspace should be the one that Accordance opens.

That is, regardless of the General-Startup preference setting, an explicit workspace launch from Windows should open that workspace in Accordance.

Hello Lawrence, The desired behaviour is exactly what is not happening......prior to 14 the files were opening from the said location regardless of the setting to open from last session. Not to worry I will work with it ...........I can at least take comfort in knowing that they are not lost. Thanks for your help

• Like 1