How to "Copy As Location URL"?

Lawrence

I'm trying to create a link to a resource in my Accordance library so that I can create notes wherever I like (Word document, web document, note-taking app, etc) and have a live link  (URL) back into Accordance.

Here's what I did:

1. Select something in a resource, right-click, select "Copy As" and then "Location URL".

2. Paste the URL into a browser, expecting for it to go through a sequence ending up back in Accordance at the nominated spot.

3. Instead, I get an error page.

What am I doing wrong, and how do I do it properly?

Here are screenshots for the above, using Accordance 14.0.2 on Windows 10 Home:

1. Select something in a resource, right-click, select "Copy As" and then "Location URL".

image.thumb.png.ee156db1124c4b94f44d4c553ac4b63f.png

2. Paste the URL into a browser, expecting for it to go through a sequence ending up back in Accordance at the nominated spot.

image.png.23e6dc6a1ba7b023481eefdaaca8ce1c.png

3. Instead, I get an error page:

image.png.4358075dfe34b043effda4276fc64d13.png

Edited by Lawrence

I think this could be related to your export preferences (not sure how this is handled on PCs). Can you check your Export preferences for the 'External URL Style'? On the Mac version there is an option for 'accord://'. This may fix the issue you describe.

• Like 1

@darrylmy Thanks for pointing that out. Unfortunately, my PC installation doesn't have "External URL Style" under Export preferences. When I manually change the protocol from "https" to "accord", the browser opens Accordance but doesn't open the resource once it gets to Accordance.

I'm not sure, but the https link may be a future feature for when the online access is up and running maybe next year. That type of link has never worked for me on macOS. 

• Like 1

Am I remembering correctly that the Location URL scheme has been broken for quite some time now? Are there plans for a fix, or at least a workaround? When it did work, it was a great feature.

• Like 1

On 12/8/2022 at 2:01 PM, Abram K-J said:

Am I remembering correctly that the Location URL scheme has been broken for quite some time now? Are there plans for a fix, or at least a workaround? When it did work, it was a great feature.

Yes, the problem was that accordance.bible was trying to use the SSL certificate of accordancebible.com instead of getting its own certificate. I reported it twice on the forum, but it was never fixed, so far as I know. If the server is still misconfigured, that might explain the Cloudflare error.

• Like 2