Version 14 Debacle & Guidance

MatthewJames

Version 14 is an obvious debacle at this point. It crashed so many times on my system it is unusable. With a release this unusable for so many people, there should be an email going out to all users, along with a post pinned to the top of this forum with step-by-step instructions detailing exactly how everyone who installed V14 can backup their data and uninstall it and then reinstall Version 13.

I understand that a lot of time and energy is being spent trying to fix the problems, but some of us can't wait that long to have a usable version of this program, and more clear and comprehensive assistance in reverting would be much appreciated. Because guess what, Dropbox Sync, doesn't sync half the most important stuff I needed it to sync for a seamless reinstall. That was a fun discovery to say the least. Now I'm going to have to spend hours reimplementing tons of my customizations. Hours I don't have. 

No offense, but I will never upgrade on an initial release from Accordance again. I can't afford another experience like this. I was waaaay tooo excited and too trusting. That's on me. 

MJ

Edited by MatthewJames
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

This is an unreasonable request. You can find plenty of information on here about how to revert back to v. 13 if it's that big of a problem.

• Like 1

@MatthewJames,

I am sorry you have been having such a difficult time with v.14, and I agree a clear instructional guide sent out would be helpful to a lot of people.

If you were on a Mac I might be able to provide a clear instruction, but on Windows I think contacting support@accordancebible.com is your best bet, and I am sure they will be able to help.

That stated, on a side note, I personally always hold off before upgrading. Even with Apple releases I for sure take my time to make sure bugs are worked out, and even then, even with Apple, I back up my data before doing upgrades. (I did on Windows too back when I used that).

Kristin

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Robb B said:

This is an unreasonable request. You can find plenty of information on here about how to revert back to v. 13 if it's that big of a problem.

Thanks Robb. You must have a bit more time on your hands than I do.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Several great ideas have been offered in the last few days from long time users.  It's all there in the most recent threads and posts.  Best wishes MatthewJames as you get it working.

1 hour ago, Robb B said:

Actually it is a good idea as he is the second person looking for this information. It is spread out amongst several threads.

• Like 3

@John Fidel or @Kurt OCan you link me to the threads with the instructions? I’ll see if I can consolidate everything into a single, easily-understandable thread that Accordance staff could pin. I’ve seen some of the instructions, but I don’t want to overlook anything. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, John Fidel said:

Actually it is a good idea as he is the second person looking for this information. It is spread out amongst several threads.

Thank you.

And there a number of technical issues involved if you did not back everything up in an ideal fashion before you installed v14 over v13. That complicates matters in regard to what will be saved when you reinstall 13 (folder structure for resources, layout preferences, workspaces, etc.) as they are not all handled the same way via Dropbox Sync, so unless someone explains those differences and how to find the proper folders/files on your hard drive and back them up before you reinstall, then you could end up missing a lot of things that have taken hours to customize to your liking. 

1 hour ago, John Fidel said:

Also, I might be the second person who has publicly posted something about it, but I'll bet there are dozens more who are looking for it as well, but haven't actually posted. 

Thanks! Let me see what I can do.

• Like 1

The starting point is to "downgrade" to v13.

https://www.accordancebible.com/download-accordance/

Many of the instructions from long time users are work arounds to get 14 working.  Also most of the instructions I reviewed are for MacOS rather than Windows.  Hope this helps, although I'm sure you are already figured downgrading out.

• Like 1

I just posted a thread on here linking to Kevin Purcell’s blog post on the Accordance 13 revert. His instructions are great. Seeing if he has any for Windows.

• Like 1