Can we hear from some leadership?

circuitrider

It would be a good thing to hear from the Accordance leadership before this week is over.  Anyone else agree?

• Like 11

Yes, it would be much appreciated!

• Like 1

Not sure I qualify as leadership, but I'm working to fix the many bug reports with v14.

• Like 22
  • Thanks 12

Thanks Silas, that's very reassuring! 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Silas Marrs said:

Not sure I qualify as leadership, but I'm working to fix the many bug reports with v14.

Nice!  Thank you so much, looking forward to the updates.  

• Like 3

Thank you Silas.  We do appreciate your hard work.

• Like 2

Thank you Silas.

Praying for the team.

BTW, I do not see the post of Rick anymore. In this post he announced this he has left Accordance. I hope he will stay 🙂

• Like 2

Rick's last day is Nov. 30.  That is what he posted just before the thread was removed.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

Silas, 

Thanks for all you do!!  Greatly appreciate your hard work!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Silas Marrs said:

I think many would like to hear from leadership about why this was released with so many known bugs? And why isn't it being put on hold until more bugs are addressed?

Most of us understand these kinds of bugs in a beta, but not in a production release; especially when most of these bugs were known before the release was made. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, miketisdell said:

I think many would like to hear from leadership about why this was released with so many known bugs? And why isn't it being put on hold until more bugs are addressed?

Most of us understand these kinds of bugs in a beta, but not in a production release; especially when most of these bugs were known before the release was made. 

I'm surprised that no one addressed this first thing this morning.  The lack of response does not instill confidence in OakTree.

Even just a "road ahead" type of post at this point would be useful. Can't change the past mistakes, but it would be nice to see a roadmap of what is to come. I know hard dates are probably not possible in this type of industry, but some general milestones would be useful and give confidence to the community.

• Like 4

I'm very sorry, but recent developments (hasty V14 rollout, Rick's resignation) has me somewhat concerned!

Bob

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, rcdeacon said:

I'm very sorry, but recent developments (hasty V14 rollout, Rick's resignation) has me somewhat concerned!

i would say, I am very concerned. The loss of Rick seems a huge loss for customer relations. I think we are seeing the fallout from that already. This is beginning to feel like a company circling the drain.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, HansK said:

Thank you Silas.

Praying for the team.

BTW, I do not see the post of Rick anymore. In this post he announced this he has left Accordance. I hope he will stay 🙂

It was unceremoniously removed. 

• Sad 3

One could contact the owner, although I tried looking them up and there are a few "Oak Tree", "OakTree" etc. I guess this is a good time to practice Patience :)

Edited by cweber

45 minutes ago, Lawrence said:

Why did Rick leave?

These things should never be shared by the organization. Only by the one who has left. 

I agree @A. Smith, best leave employment questions to the individual.

PS: My comment about contact referred to the topic - can we hear from leadership.

I am okay with giving those like @Silas Marrs the time to work. I know what it is like to be under such pressure and managing frustrated customer expectations. I think someone said this v14 release was a pre-release and if so the situation is not all bad. I was able to revert back to v13 as Accordance ensured that version remained available.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, A. Smith said:

These things should never be shared by the organization. Only by the one who has left. 

Agreed, and I don't expect a reply to this from the organisation. However, it seems that Rick did post something himself, however briefly, so that's already public. I'm wondering whether he said anything in it about why he's leaving. Maybe he mentioned personal reasons such as urgently needing to look after elderly parents - I don't know. But the timing of his departure is prompting unhealthy speculation and concern regarding the company as a whole.

1 hour ago, Lawrence said:

Agreed, and I don't expect a reply to this from the organisation. However, it seems that Rick did post something himself, however briefly, so that's already public. I'm wondering whether he said anything in it about why he's leaving. Maybe he mentioned personal reasons such as urgently needing to look after elderly parents - I don't know. But the timing of his departure is prompting unhealthy speculation and concern regarding the company as a whole.

In the initial post in the thread Rick simply said that he gave his two weeks notice.  He offered no other information until just before the thread was removed.  He said, after negotiating with Accordance his last day would be Nov. 30.  The rest of the thread was filled with comments from forum participants mostly saying that we will miss him.  Some posts expressed concern as well.

• Thanks 1

You may contact Rick through his personal website (thislamp).

12 minutes ago, HansK said:

You may contact Rick through his personal website (thislamp).

The best way to contact me:

RMansfield@mac.com

(502) 387-6414

with the others...thank you Silas. Our prayers for you! 

Hopefully someone is reading how nervous the silence is making Accordance's greatest fans. 

• Like 5