Highlighted Words Across Panes

pder3571

Is there a way to do a search on a word in one pane and then have the translated word highlighted, like it is in the original search pane? I've posted an image of a search for the Greek word polemos and then added a KJV parallel next to it. While the various forms of polemos is highlighted in red, none of the KJV words (i.e. "wars" and "battle") are highlighted. How can I get "war" and "battle" to change to the color red like polemos is?

highlighting words across panes.PNG

Hi @pder3571,

As far as I know, what you are describing is unfortunately not possible. You can either search for the key and then it will highlight the English words but not the Greek, or search for the Greek and then it highlights like your screenshot.

Since if you hover over the word it will cross highlight, it seems like it should be something that would be possible, so maybe it will be implemented in the future.

Kristin

Thanks, Kristin. I assumed that that was the case, but thought I would ask anyway. It would just be so much more convenient to have all the words highlight during a search, if it was preferred, than having to scroll across the words one-by-one. One would think that it could be set up in the Preferences where such highlighting could be turned on-and-off. But as you've noted, it isn't possible.

So, I turn to the Accordance engineers in the know. What are possibilities of making this function a reality?

Thank you.

It’s not quite what you asked for, @pder3571, but you can do this: instead of using two panes, use two zones. Use the TEXT command to search the KJV for words corresponding to your Greek search, and tie the two tabs together so they scroll together:

002FBAA7-D8C1-40CD-AB6F-F84DF1F11077.thumb.jpeg.74024c8577b52e30c4bed83a3a374652.jpeg

• Like 1

Great suggestion. Thanks jlm!