Automatic Translation

ch1kim

Hello, My name is David Kim and I live in Seoul.

I started studying theology from last year, although at a late age(61). 

So I was recommended by someone else to use the Accordance program.

I am currently using WBC Commentaries and various Dictionaries, thank you very much.

However, there are some inconveniences, so I would like to offer a suggestion.
I'm Korean, so I can't read these good english materials right away.

I have to copy the accordance material and paste it into Google Translator several times to read it.

It would be great if there was a function to view documents translated into Korean within the accordance program.
Do you have any plans to add this function in the future?

Studying theology while working at a late age is very difficult, but thanks to this program, I am doing well.

I also had experience running a software development company when I was young, so I know how difficult it is to develop and maintain software.

I hope that the accordance will go well and develop further in the future.

Best Regards,

David Kim from South Korea.

Logos has a similar feature in their latest version. It’s not impossible to implement (Logos has shown Bible software users that), but it does take time and server resources to implement such a feature. Even Logos’ implementation of it has a monthly usage cap due to the server costs associated with it. With Accordance focused on Accordance Cloud for Accordance 14, it’s unlikely we’ll see such a feature in Accordance in Accordance 14. It would be useful for the future though.

In the meantime, don’t forget you can run Google Translate and other web-based translation tools inside the Accordance web browser. I’d have to check my copy of Logos to see if the Logos Web App supports some form of translation feature, as running the Logos Web App inside Accordance is another option. Running your translation website inside the Accordance web browser might be at least a little more “streamlined” than having to switch apps.

Thank You very much Mr. Nathan Parker.

I'm very sorry, but I don't quite understand what the sentence below means.

Could you please explain it again?

"In the meantime, don’t forget you can run Google Translate and other web-based translation tools inside the Accordance web browser."

Kind regards

David Kim From Seoul Korea.

• Like 1

you can open a web browser tab within Accordance 13. Click on File/ New Tab/ then scroll don to the bottom of the list and select Web Browser. From there you can hop in the web address bar and go to google all within Accordance.

Screenshot 2022-10-31 at 11.51.22 PM.png

Screenshot 2022-10-31 at 11.51.44 PM.png

Edited by Tim Hall
fixed typo
  • Like 2

I was really surprised that such a cool feature existed.
This will save a lot of time in google translate.
thank you very much Mr. Tim Hall.

David Kim from Seoul Korea.

• Like 3

Thanks @Tim Hall for showing this!

Something else you can try is to use the translation app on your phone.

Activate 'live' video mode on your app and point the phone's camera at the Accordance document on your computer screen.

• Like 1