Turn Off Ties When Amplifying from Info Pane

Robb B

When I open a resource from the info pane using command to send it to a new zone, the tool is always tied to the text tab whence it came. I have searched the app but cannot seem to find a way to turn this off by default. I rarely want the text to scroll as I read a commentary, so I always manually turn this off, but it would be great if I could turn it off by default. Is there a way to do this?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I'm glad you mentioned this. I would also prefer to have it off by default. Usually, I'm too much in a hurry or pressed for study time that I haven't stopped to make this request. If I wanted the commentary to scroll in parallel, then I wouldn't use the CMD key. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

I've requested this previously too. I open resources this way frequently and always have to pause to untie them. Please, please address this. Thank you in advance. 

I agree often time the commentary is by pericope and it moves the biblical text around. We should also be able to scroll down without it being tied to the text unless that is what we desire. It should not be assumed that this is preferred.

• Like 1