Saving Tabs

Schulschlus

Is there a way instead of saving a workspace, to save a certain tab, for example my standard Bible with 6 other translations, so that if I want to open that again, I can just click on the plus sign in the tab space, and it shows up on that drop down? Right now, I can open the saved workspace and drag the tab to the old workspace I want to use it in, but is there a direct way as well?

@Schulschlus, is the File > Save Active Tab... command what you're looking for? I've used that to save a particular tab to an .accord file, and then, in a different workspace, use File > Open... to add that tab to my existing tabs.

EDIT: I've only done this for text tabs; I've never tried it with other tab types, such as tools.

Edited by Steven S
  • Like 2

That looks promising! Is there a way to open it in the pop-up where I open other resources?

If not, opening like other files works too. Thank you so much for pointing that out to me!

@Schulschlus, I'm not aware of any way to customize the tab dropdown menu ... sorry. But you can assign a keyboard shortcut to File > Open... (on Windows, it defaults to Ctrl+O). That way, all you have to do is activate the desired zone in which you want the new tab to appear via keyboard or mouse, and then invoke the keyboard shortcut to open your tab file.