Question about Concordance

Martin Z

I have two questions regarding Concordance:

1. With the search range set to Josh, the Concordance shows the occurrences in the entire OT, is it a designed result?

2. I'd like to know which verse has how many occurrences, is there a way to achieve this goal? For instance, I like to have something like:

Josh 1:2, 11 [2x], 14 . . ., which is what we would write in an article/paper,

instead of 

Josh 1:2, 11, 14; 2:23; 3:1-2, 4, 6, 11, 14, 16-4:1; 4:3, 5, 7-8, 10-13, 22-23;

Thanks!

image.thumb.png.033fa9facc137a876d88db85e0e088d5.png

• Like 2

Hi Martin,

Regarding question #1, if you define a custom range and use the range pop up (e.g., Joshua in your example), the Customize Display options will allow you to select "Search range only" for the display range, showing only the results from range specified from the defined range.

Regarding question #2, I couldn't find a way to do this (perhaps someone else can chime in). I tried both customizing the display in the Concordance and also highlighting all the references in the main window and copying as Reference and neither worked. The quickest way I was able to achieve what you are wanting (which I agree is desirable) was to copy the hit verses as references and manually edit the number or instances (like in your example) with the concordance display set as I described in reply to your first question. It was relatively quick.

Hope that helps!

Darryl

• Like 2

Hi @darrylmy,

Thanks! That's very helpful!

Regarding Q2, I hope Accordance could be improved in the future. This could save lots of time.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Martin Z said:

Regarding Q2, I hope Accordance could be improved in the future. This could save lots of time.

+ 1