Inaccurate display in Hits Graph

mgvh

As an example, I ran a search for all the instances of θησαυριζω in the GNT.

Who uses the word most frequently?

Using Analytics, the Table shows exactly what I want, and I can customize to sort by "Hits per 1000 words"

image.png.f85d1fb41b51b370ecf60e3767bfcaf5.png

BUT... if I want a visual, I open a Hits Graph, and it returns this:

image.png.3897182825a4d7b8a74e1a52cb68b206.png

As you can see, it is returning hits very broadly, so that it looks like Matthew has highest frequency instead of 2 Peter. It should look like this as in Logos:

image.png.8076f1917fea2ae729347d7e4d380a7c.png

In Accordance, using the slider to reduce "hits per" 100 words (instead of 1000) does not change the graph.

Increasing to 10,000 or 100,000 words does start to give a closer visual representation, but at that point the graph is worthless because so much overlaps that you can't tell which book has the hits.

>> I.e., Accordance needs to graph "hits per 1000 words IN THE BOOK," not just "hits per 1000 words."

It would also be nice if there was the option to not display results with zero.

(BTW, afaik, Logos does not offer the option of generating a table of results, so yay for Accordance on that score.

Try using the the Table Chart and not the Frequency Hits graph.

*I would add that the frequency graph above is not "inaccurate." It displays accurately the number of hits in 2Pe, which is 1 hit per X number of words, since there is only 1 hit in the book and the book is only 1100 words long.

image.png

• Like 1

@Jordan S: Thanks. Uff da! (As people said when I Iived in North Dakota)
I should have remembered Table Bar Chart.

I do wish I had the option for vertical columns and to show books with zero count.

• Thanks 1