Complete Word Study Dictionary

grj2021

Does anyone have experience with AMG Complete Word Study Dictionary in Accordance? Is it easy to use and the text formatted nicely or does it just wrap endlessly. 

Is there anything you find more helpful than these?

Thanks,

Welcome to the forum.

The definitions vary in length and so the longer ones will wrap, but not endlessly. It also depends how you have your system set up. Below is a screenshot from an ipad with just two definitions of different lengths.  

There are screenshots on the product page but if you have a particular word in mind, i am sure someone would post the definition for you.

i have other lexicons so very rarely use them, they came in the discoverer package. (see links below for other lexicons.)

there are some great deals if you start with some of the original language packages as they all come with basic lexicons if you are just starting out. 

however, the normal standards are bdag and halot but it depends on budget and your level of knowledge.

https://accordancebible.com/product/bdag-and-halot-add-on/

Personally, i like nidntte and nidotte but i know others on the forum don't

https://accordancebible.com/product/new-international-dictionary-of-old-testament-theology-and-exegesis/

https://accordancebible.com/product/new-international-dictionary-of-new-testament-theology-and-exegesis/

the really nice thing about accordance is you can get the definition up very quickly in instant details and that window is small on the ipad but can be configured on a computer so you may need to scroll a bit more, see the second screenshot from luke. Alternatively you can look up a word or search for it as seen in the first screen shot, it depends how you like to work.

But it is very very very easy either way!!!

CB360D44-BE73-4027-93BC-EFFF99059647.jpeg

5AB85A55-B1E1-4C8A-9B67-4159CC8B6D8C.jpeg

Edited by ukfraser

Thanks for the response. One reason I am interested in CWSD is I have them in print. It appears CWSD can be set as the default dictionary. Will it work with any Bible text or only original languages?

Should work with a tagged translation as well as original language but not an untagged text  (someone will correct me if wrong) but you will need to play with your settings as other dictionaries might take precedence. (I often get mounce english dictionary  first before Nidntte lexicon.) but in that case, just copy and paste into search in cwsd.

but if you already have it as hard copy, having it in accordance will make it much more useful and you know what to expect from the content. 

756118B2-D615-47D4-99EF-7FF645832184.jpeg

Edited by ukfraser

Others will correct me but what im finding on the ipad is if mounce has defined the word and you are using an english translation, you will get mounce. If mounce hasnt an entry, and there is one in cwsd you will get cwsd (nidntte in my case).

why i like nidntt-a and nidnotte is that mounce links to those as well so its much easier to navigate from dictionary to lexicon.

cwsd are not listed under dictionaries, and mounce isnt listed under Greek or hebrew lexicons for amplifying so it depends on what is defined.

But you can always copy and paste into the tool you want to use. 

with the desktop application you have more settings so with live click you will get everything and from memory, i think you can set up different resources as double and tripple click.

It will end up finding what works best for the way you like to work. But if you are happy with those lexicons because you are familiar with them, go for it, formatting and ease of use will not be barriers. 

CEBF4D40-B1C6-4578-B212-EEF762C3B622.png

Edited by ukfraser