Logos 10 and Accordance 14

Accordance Enthusiast

Just to clarify, I was joking when I said I thought you weren’t joking.

Also, it looks like Nathan plans to tag along, if he can find you with his radio, so you should be preparing for three. 😊

• Like 1

12 hours ago, cweber said:

My first experience with Logos was the demo version earlier this year and the in your face advertising on the landing screen deterred me from trying to use it. I tried exploring it a little and found it slow and cumbersome to use. Accordance might look simple, but that is one of it's advantages for myself.

3 hours ago, cansas said:

Logos pricing is more convoluted than Microsoft licensing. I upgraded to Logos 10 for some Wesleyan-Methodist resources then got their preaching suite because it claimed to include the print book library. The latter was a typo and I ended up returning the preaching suite and getting a refund. Logos 10 is finally approaching Accordance performance on my older Mac, but it still bigs down at times. I appreciate Accordance including features in the base app and then selling resources ad hoc. Packages are nice, but features sell an app.

It's no kidding like a bad infomercial. I'll probably buy it. But I'll complain about it the whole time, lol. 

• Like 2

I also won’t digress and state my millennial position (but if you read my Revelation paper on Scribd or Internet Archive, it’s obvious), but like Rick, I’ve been preparing more for emergencies as well. Even if it’s a smaller issue such as a power outage during the winter, after watching what happened in Texas, I don’t want to be caught off guard. Proverbs does say learn from the ant and be wise, and the wise virgins in the Gospel were prepared, so I see it as being sensible. 

• Like 1

Nathan, I hope you know I was teasing. And I agree with you; in our case with very harsh winters out on the frozen prairies it's literally be prepared or die.

Edited by Michel Gilbert
grammar
  • Like 1

Yeah, I can take a joke anytime. 🙂 Looks like it’ll be a cold winter here. As long as I have power, Accordance 14 will keep me plenty occupied while indoors and staying warm.

If case you haven't heard, Accordance 14 is the enrapturing update to Accordance 13, with seven unsealed new features, which it will appear imminently after it is beta-tested.

That is, it's a paid update that includes new features. Accordance does this every two years, give or take. It's on sale right now if you preorder. My best guess is that it will be released in about a month, before the Society of Biblical Literature annual meeting.

• Like 6

With seven unsealed new features being forecasted...is this considered revelation or revelations?  Asking for a friend!

• Haha 1

My high school teacher referred to it as The book of the Revelation every single time in class. That was fun.

If case you haven't heard, Accordance 14 is the enrapturing

With seven unsealed new features being forecasted...is this considered revelation or revelations?

Wow.  Accordance 14 is starting to sound so... apocalyptic.

I've tried several different software programs and Accordance has worked best over all.  It has the books I need and it is FAST.  I would like to become a beta tester one day.  I really do enjoy studying with Accordance.

• Like 1

Accordance is so much better and faster and intuitive than Logos. There really isn't a feature in Logos that I don't have in Accordance that I need for my ministry. Just need more updated commentaries and other Korean translations ^^

• Like 3