Existing customers purchase discounted pre-order or wait for upgrade?

Rich

Will existing customers be able upgrade and receive Accordance 14 at the same time as pre-orders or should we purchase the new "pre-order" Accordance 14 sale?  It is unclear the best course of action.

2 hours ago, Rich said:

Will existing customers be able upgrade and receive Accordance 14 at the same time as pre-orders or should we purchase the new "pre-order" Accordance 14 sale?  It is unclear the best course of action.

To me, the cost makes a difference. $38 vs $68. I will preorder in Sep. As for if we get it first, I am not sure. 

• Like 1

My recommendation would be to pre-order now since it’s on sale. I’m not sure on who gets access to it first, but at least locking in your pre-order is one way to ensure you’re in line for it.

It's not clear if you're an existing customer.

Since this pre-order doesn't account for the resources you already own, it might be cheaper to buy it once it is released - Rick has mentioned the upgrade price for existing customers will be around 20 USD if I am not mistaken.

I personally already "pre-ordered" it by purchasing a Collection during the sale last week, I found the cheapest Collection for me for only 12 USD. 

32 minutes ago, rokas said:

Since this pre-order doesn't account for the resources you already own, it might be cheaper to buy it once it is released - Rick has mentioned the upgrade price for existing customers will be around 20 USD if I am not mistaken.

I personally already "pre-ordered" it by purchasing a Collection during the sale last week, I found the cheapest Collection for me for only 12 USD. 

The current 40% off pre-sale price will probably be the lowest discount this year--existing customer or not. I'm merely going by what I know at the moment. 

29 minutes ago, rokas said:

I'm definitely an existing customer... and none of the collections make any sense for me... I already own most of them... 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, R. Mansfield said:

The current 40% off pre-sale price will probably be the lowest discount this year--existing customer or not. I'm merely going by what I know at the moment. 

In one other thread in the announcements section you said the following:

On 8/24/2022 at 5:11 PM, R. Mansfield said:

That was always the price for a new user. Upgrades have usually been $20-30.

So, unless I am missing something, for existing customers, it's cheapter to upgrade ($20-30) than to pre-order it ($38).

Edited by rokas

1 hour ago, rokas said:

In one other thread in the announcements section you said the following:

So, unless I am missing something, for existing customers, it's cheapter to upgrade ($20-30) than to pre-order it ($38).

The earlier statement was speculation on my part based on what we had done in the past. I had not heard anything definite about pricing at the time. My current understanding, based on meetings I’ve been part of, is that the current 40% discount is the best price available for the time being. This could change, based on the decisions of higher-ranking individuals in the company, but from what I understand, this would not happen any time soon. 

Ok, so your pricing strategy has changed. That explains things. 

Then it looks likes this:

• Accordance 13 - to get the full version, one can buy the Starter package for $20, which includes some additional resources. 
  • Accordance 14 - to get the full version, one has to buy the software itself for $64 (when not on sale), without any additional resources.

In case where the engine is not free (like with Accordance), the option to buy only the engine without the resources makes more sense. Those who want to buy an upgrade only don't have to pay for books they don't need - although the price for the engine has been practically nothing until now and with Accordance 14 that won't be the case anymore. 

Edited by rokas