Live click on verse reference to context

stighagen

Is there a way to be able to click on a verse reference to see it in the context pane without having to hit command+5 or the context button? This could be very  when reading through search result without having to use the context slider in the search result area. It could be nice to include it as a live click option. Any trick I'm not aware of?

• Like 1

The only thing I can find in addition is to put the "context icon" in the toolbar.  It might be quicker than using Command-5 and it does the same thing. 

Screen Shot 2022-09-03 at 6.34.17 AM.png

Edited by Dan Langston

46 minutes ago, Dan Langston said:

The only thing I can find in addition is to put the "context icon" in the toolbar.  It might be quicker than using Command-5 and it does the same thing. 

Screen Shot 2022-09-03 at 6.34.17 AM.png

That's what I'm doing. But again, it involves an extra step for such a useful function. Logos has a great solution for this, just click on a verse in the search results and it displays in a context pane right away.

stighagen,

Thank you for your post. I've learned something today.

You bring up a REALLY GOOD POINT.  The hyperlinked references in the Accordance search window are NOT linked to the Bible text by default.....hmm. It looks like a Bible hyperlink, but it doesn't act like one.  (thinking outloud) If you triple click it, it goes to a commentary on the passage. If you single click it nothing happens, but if you "single click" a hyperlinked Scripture reference in an online Bible, the competitor, or on any number of millions of web pages, it does...... wow. 🤨

After looking around, I assume this has been suggested other places.  Scriptural hyperlinks are live EVERYWHERE ELSE.  Notes. stacks. Tools. The pages the web browser opens. But not the search window references....instant details doesn't do it, no live click option for it, no preferences option.

It strikes me as a workflow decision, thus (cmd-f5, context button, context slider) Because it's in every other tool and all the other features.

It shouldn't be too hard to enable them.

Let's hope 14 brings hope on the horizon for just such an option.  

Edited by Dan Langston
  • Like 1

I need this all the time 🤓 And I've been scratching my head wondering why this is not possible. Agree, let's hope Accordance 14 will solve this basic feature.

• Like 1

If your Accordance preferences have been set so that when you do a search, you get results with no context, then a single click anywhere in the "Context slider bar" will reveal the context without even opening a separate window.  The further to the right, the more context is given.

That seems even better than a "Live click on verse reference to context" or a "command 5".

Context.thumb.png.ed5fe80cf72019398784d6e36b7f59c4.png

That is good to be reminded of.  I am thankful that in every tool, note, stack etc. the scriptural hyperlinks open a text tab with the Scripture.  Although I'm quite used to it, It's a little odd to click on a hyperlink everywhere else with one set of expectations, but in a text, it's another set of rules. 

1 hour ago, Steve Carruth said:

If your Accordance preferences have been set so that when you do a search, you get results with no context, then a single click anywhere in the "Context slider bar" will reveal the context without even opening a separate window.  The further to the right, the more context is given.

That seems even better than a "Live click on verse reference to context" or a "command 5".

Context.thumb.png.ed5fe80cf72019398784d6e36b7f59c4.png

I know. But it feels more natural to keep the list overview and quickly open instances seperately without having to expand collapse expand collapse…

Would you want to just always see a certain amount of context after a search?  If so, the preferences can be set for the amount of context so that no click is needed after a search.  No expanding or collapsing, just the results of the search with context.

Context.png

Slight workaround for linked verses in the search window.  It's not a fix, but I did notice that when you set Live click verse look up, YOU can adjust the number of verses in the live click window, then as you scroll, it tracks in parallel.

(If you click another hyperlink in the search window, it resets to 1 verse and you have to redo it.)

In terms of workflow, however once you adjust to the  number of verses in the live click window, then as you scroll, it tracks in parallel. It's quite nice. 

Screen Shot 2022-09-06 at 6.00.15 AM.png

Edited by Dan Langston
  • Like 1