Question

Kathryn

A few months ago, my Mac crashed. I had to reinstall Accordance. Something is different than before. Before when I put a verse in the Search Bar in one of my 

Scripture Texts, such as  2 Cor 8:9, I would just get that verse, which I liked in case I wanted to easily copy it and paste it elsewhere. Now when I type that verse in, I get that and the verses following it, which I don't like. I tried to put quotes around it to isolate it, but that did not work. What do I need to do to get just the verse selection I put in?

Is it possible that either of the following settings in the screenshots might resolve this for you?

Context Slider.png

Search Tab Pref..png

• Like 2

Thank you for your reply. I didn't have the option of your first solution. I did change my Preferences as you have above in your second solution. However, when I typed in Psalm 16, I got all of the Psalms after Ps 16 as well.

Screen Shot 2022-08-19 at 9.52.09 AM.png

You image shows the context slider set to all (upper left, below range). Slide it to the left to zero if you only want Ps 16. Are you sure you saved the preference to "none" and the checkbox not checked?

Thank you so very much. That fixed it. I did not realize that was the "Context Slider"

Yes. It ranges from zero (far left) to A (all text in the module, far right), with numbers in between.

Glad you got it sorted!!!

In Preferences > Keyboard Shortcuts you can find two shortcuts to increase or decrease the slider context, and one to toggle from a single verse to all verses or vise versa.

I find for the increase/decrease context I need to add "shift" to cmd + < or > otherwise either shortcut won't work.  The toggle command cmd+/ works.

Context Key Command.png