Audio Books/Lectures?

Curtis Greenwood

Is there a reason why Accordance doesn't offer audio books and lectures (other than biblicaltraining.org) like some of the other companies?

Are there plans to get any in the near future? 

From my perspective, I don't actually care about audio books but I do enjoy having the ability to access audio lectures. 

Just a question....

Do you mean offering courses created by other companies, or producing and offering their own content?

• Content created by other companies - why would you want to have it in Accordance? There are other companies/apps focusing on audio, while Accordance is for text study. Why would you choose Accordance audio implementation (it would be rudimentary) over let's say Audible? 
  • Content created by Accordance - while I would love Accordance producing courses because I love Bible lectures/courses in general, it would probably be just distracting them from their main business.

Edited by rokas

I mean offering and producing their own. 

But as you said, I, too, understand that it might not be in their best interest to do so.

I noticed this video class the other week. But I don't know how well it is implemented.

https://accordancebible.com/product/introduction-to-biblical-greek-video-lectures-harris/

I guess it is video and not audio only, but maybe it shows that accordance headed in a direction where more of this kind of content will be made available, or just testing if people are interested in it.

• 3 weeks later...

I currently have christianaudio dot com.  They run a sale twice a year where almost every audiobook is sold for $7.95! I bought several Zondervan audio lectures during that sale. They have a subscription, but I do not recommend it because you cannot listen to other books in their catalog. The subscription is just to get credits to exchange them for 1 or 2 audio books. They do, however, offer a free book every month whether you’re subscribed or not.

I prefer Audible by Amazon because you get 1 credit per month which you can exchange for any book in their catalog! And you can listen to many books and podcasts in their catalog.  Plus, you get 30% off audiobooks or buy extra credits at a reduced price in case you want to buy more audiobooks.

Anyway, this was just an FYI