Every instance of a word...

Kelley Kuhlman

Is there a way to search for every instance of a word in the bible?  The desired result for me would be a list of verses - not the reference itself. Just the list.

Edited by Kelley Kuhlman

Hi @Kelley Kuhlman,
There are several ways to do this. First, open the specific text you want and then in the search box type in a word and press enter. This will product a list of all of the verses of that specific word.

You can also open up a text and right click on the word you are looking for. If it is in English and you search for "word" it will bring up all the hits of the English word, regardless of the Greek or Hebrew behind it. If you search for the KEY it will bring up the Greek or Hebrew word, regardless of how it is translated.

Be mindful that the key might miss a few instances, so searching for the Greek or Hebrew word (from the Greek or Hebrew text) will be more accurate.

I hope this helps,

Kristin

Hi, to get the references, just select the results of the search (as Kristin has outlined) and then select them all and  "copy as....references" (in the edit menu)

Then you can paste that list into your word processor.

What do you want to use the list of references for?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi - thanks for the responses. I realized that the text tool opens up after clicking. I should have gone back to my search, where the list of verses was found. 

I look for words because I illustrate bible verses and want to know what the would be the best verse for my artwork.