How do I associate User Notes with a User Bible?

Steven S

I've been playing around with the <sup> tag to add footnote anchors in a User Bible with the intention of creating a corresponding User Notes file that contains the footnotes themselves. I assumed the <sup> tag simply formatted the text as one would expect, but I was surprised when I hovered my mouse over the superscript and observed that Accordance treated it as a hyperlink, just like it does with a footnote in a standard text module (i.e., a Bible):

bible-superscript-hyperlink.png.af31bee39ef9488dbf565d923fc5fbea.png

However, I wasn't surprised when, after left clicking the superscript, Accordance displayed an error message indicating there is no appropriate notes tool for my User Bible:

notes-tool-not-installed.png.4a4b4bf93bbcbe3f88c0935f5a959cbd.png

My question is, Is there a way to associate a User Notes tool module with a User Bible text module so that clicking a superscript in the User Bible opens the associated User Notes? I've tried, without success, the obvious approach of naming the User Notes according to the pattern "<User Bible name> Notes" (both with and without the degree symbol in the User Bible name). Or did I simply come across an implementation detail of Accordance text modules that wasn't meant to work with User Bibles?

A request I have for years. It is possible in L but not in A.

4 minutes ago, Steven S said:

Or did I simply come across an implementation detail of Accordance text modules that wasn't meant to work with User Bibles?

I hope not. I hope it will come to User Bibles too.

• Thanks 1