How do I search for question marks?

Larry McNamee

I'd like to find all of Jesus' questions in the Gospels.  How do I search for question marks?  

In my search window, typed  "?" , it returns the word "a" 

Any help would be a appreciated.

Hey Larry,

Type a period then the question mark. The period allows you to find the next character.

image.thumb.png.23a2da773b1827a8076531008253985e.png

image.thumb.png.0d58fa5a1540a7cc1ef81b5c6ce573f1.png

• Like 1

Another possible way is via the construct search. 

Thank you Jordan & Fabian!

I knew it was easy, I just had a mental block as to How to do it.  Thanks for the example Jordan. Fabian, I'd need an example for a construct search of that.

While I have your attention.  I've been thinking of the last verses of Mathew, commonly referred to as the Great Commission, where in v.20, Jesus refers to all His commands.  Any ideas (with examples) on how to search for HIs commands?

First of all I requested long ago a red letter search. This would make it easier.

Anyway: I would use one of the following.

Make a permanent search range with the following references from the post below.

Then a Text Command Search

image.thumb.png.05b7b5ba32b5ba335bd4cf2183a76870.png

Or 

540279234_Bildschirmfoto2022-04-08um23_00_55.thumb.png.db26d212b577763e60e1ae263bd3dd5f.png

The problem on the second. The German has 621 exclamation marks, the Mounce only 182.

Thanks Fabian,  I'll need to get these thing to work.  I don't know German, nor do I have those tools. I need to look for imperative verbs in the red letters.