Library

Gary Monks

Hello , Is it possible to rename a commentary in the Accordance Library?

I purchased a three volume commentary on Jonah Obadiah and Ruth, however the library just shows 'commentary 3 vols'

I would like to make it more obvious at a glance what those commentaries pertain to.

Any help is appreciated .

Many thanks

1 hour ago, Gary Monks said:

Hello , Is it possible to rename a commentary in the Accordance Library?

I purchased a three volume commentary on Jonah Obadiah and Ruth, however the library just shows 'commentary 3 vols'

I would like to make it more obvious at a glance what those commentaries pertain to.

Any help is appreciated .

Many thanks

You can't change the name, but we should be able to fix it. Exactly which commentary is this?

2 hours ago, Mark Allison said:

You can't change the name, but we should be able to fix it. Exactly which commentary is this?

Hi Mark , the commentary is 

Zondervan Exegetical Commentary on the Old Testament (3 Volumes)

Prod ID: ZECOT-3 

I have ZECOT-3 in the library which is the standard abbreviation. 

1016897456_Bildschirmfoto2022-03-25um13_48_52.png.cd8d5437f43fd60093315537e1d9c55c.png

May you delete it and reinstall it.

Edited by Fabian

20 minutes ago, Fabian said:

I have ZECOT-3 in the library which is the standard abbreviation. 

1016897456_Bildschirmfoto2022-03-25um13_48_52.png.cd8d5437f43fd60093315537e1d9c55c.png

May you delete it and reinstall it.

Hi Fabian , what I am trying to do is to be able to see at a glance what those commentaries pertain to. That is what i am trying to edit . For example Id like to be able to see at a glance  zecot jonah obadiah ruth.....as it stands I just see 3 commenatries not knowing which ones im looking at without opening them up

Gary, I'll see if there's anything we can do about that. 

Also, and you may know this already, but one of the ways you can see which commentaries in your library contain notes on a specific book is to filter the library by selecting Books:Tools and entering a book name. 

I've found this particularly helpful when looking for commentaries that contain material on the deuterocanonical books. 

Screen Shot 2022-03-25 at 9.26.57 AM.png

4 minutes ago, Mark Allison said:

Also, and you may know this already, but one of the ways you can see which commentaries in your library contain notes on a specific book is to filter the library by selecting Books:Tools and entering a book name. 

I've found this particularly helpful when looking for commentaries that contain material on the deuterocanonical books. 

Screen Shot 2022-03-25 at 9.26.57 AM.png

Many thanks Mark , I was not aware of that ........thanks again

• Like 1

Until Mark can do this, one work around could be to make a folder that you label with the description you want and put it in the folder

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Erhard said:

Until Mark can do this, one work around could be to make a folder that you label with the description you want and put it in the folder

Thank you Erhard

11 minutes ago, Mark Allison said:

I guess this could be difficult, as more books are released. 

I requested a longer time ago to make an entry on the right click. Show in shop 1317941002_Bildschirmfoto2022-03-25um14_43_25.thumb.png.4f5231426bd23fd4ffcb28aa16207d66.png

which leads to https://accordancebible.com/product/zondervan-exegetical-commentary-on-the-old-testament-3-volumes/

And also from https://accordancebible.com/product/zondervan-exegetical-commentary-on-the-ot-jonah-youngblood/ to Accordance and open it. Like L has.

But for this the Product ID must be updated to all items which I also requested.