Drag zoomed photos of manuscripts, maps, and charts with hand-like function

Petrus Janse van Rensburg

It is difficult to move across the zoomed-in photos.

There is no hand tool to drag the photo around, and you need to scroll up and down using the bars on the right and bottom of the photo.

It will be much easier if one could use a hand tool (as in Adobe PDF), to drag the photo around.

Please consider this as a future feature for Accordance!

image.png.30776aea0b5a63472051f9c959c4a89e.png

• Like 6

+1

• Like 2

It will also be great if one can drag the zoomed photos and maps with one's finger on a laptop with touch screen, as one can do on a mobile phone.

• Like 3

I am very thankful that Accordance has acquired the images of multiple Biblical manuscripts as they are currently the only commercially available software that has done so or that is doing so.  (Years ago there was one other software formally was offering a smaller selection images of manuscripts to their customers but that software is no longer available). So, kudos to Accordance for offering a fairly nice range of images like the dead sea scrolls, Leningrad Codex, Codex 2882, Codex Alexandrinus, Codex Sinaticus, Codex Vaticanus, and Codex Washingtonianus.

I am more than pleased to be able to have access to the Leningrad codex and the DSS wherever I happen to be on both my iphone and my laptop.

Having said that of course there is always room for improvement and I welcome feature requests that may make something that is already awesome even better.

• Like 2

I would also very much like  to drag zoomed photos with hand like tool, 

and with touch screen on laptop

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I second this. I just tried to move around a manuscript image on my iPad, and pinch to zoom works as well with movement with two fingers, but for the desktop programs a hand tool would be amazing for what the OP said.

Thanks for reviving this thread! It's a good feature request I'll add to my list.

• Thanks 1