Historical and Theological Lexicon of the Septuagint

Cole Heiserman

Accordance needs the Historical and Theological Lexicon of the Septuagint by Eberhard Bons and Jan Joosten. This work provides a detailed analysis of Greek words, which talks about the words in secular usage, as well as it's relationship to their Hebrew/Aramaic equivalents. If Accordance has this, then it hasn't appeared on my search results.

• Like 3

Even if Accordance should get it, I see the hardcopy is $405... for volume 1 which covers Alpha-Gamma. Even in digital format, how many people are going to pay that kind of money to make it worthwhile to digitize for Accordance?

4 hours ago, mgvh said:

Even if Accordance should get it, I see the hardcopy is $405... for volume 1 which covers Alpha-Gamma. Even in digital format, how many people are going to pay that kind of money to make it worthwhile to digitize for Accordance?

Not necessary. For example the 18. Gesenius (Which is still not available in Accordance) costs for each volume 250 buck. There was in total 6 to 8 books. They were fine made for the Library to use it a lot. They came over several years like "Historical and Theological Lexicon of the Septuagint". But as the complete 18. was released as a single volume it costs only 100 bucks

BTW I repeat my request for the Gesenius 18. Handwörterbuch.

Edited by Fabian
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Yes to Gesenius 18 

• Like 2