The Ideal Concordance

Brian W. Davidson

From Brian to Brian

Thanks for sharing your post! I did wasn't aware of that feature but I really want to go and check it out now.

• Like 1

Fantastic.  Great concept and setup.  Thank you

12 hours ago, Brian W. Davidson said:

On why and how I'm enjoying the Word Usage Live-Click feature so much: https://brianwdavidson.com/2022/03/13/the-ideal-concordance/ 

But this is not the end. With Accordance 12 a Research Analytics came. https://accordancebible.com/Accordance-12-Features/ Min 6:33. You can even compare the differences between the texts. It makes sense to see the video from Min. 5:44.

1324205753_Bildschirmfoto2022-03-14um14_22_47.thumb.png.c6cd818a35a57c02fc7ff459610f2719.png

And more. Play a little bit with the Analytics. As the Live Click is Research all features of Research are available. 

And in the Analytics you can click to get even more. You can go back with the arrow above left 1285327838_Bildschirmfoto2022-03-14um14_46_10.png.7249d1d64540436d36b71abbb8565ce3.png or via Command-arrow-left to choose another word or so. 

Edited by Fabian
  • Like 2

Fabian, thanks for that suggestion! I have one issue every time I try to use this type of analytics display:

When I change the settings to show the lexical forms count in the different bodies of literature, it doesn't stick. When I click on the next word it goes back to showing gender or mood or something else. Any ideas?

7 hours ago, Brian K. Mitchell said:

I wasn't aware of that feature but I really want to go and check it out now.

The ways you can customize Live Click, with the settings Brian showed and also with the settings in the Word Usage and Lookup panes, and how quickly you can do this, makes it an awesome feature.

Lately, I’ve been using Live Click with my lexicons, for example this:

1914874918_LiveClickLexiconLookup.thumb.png.2e3fd276930c4d8d768bd994f6c0a23a.png

I don’t have enough displays to take full advantage of the Live Click feature. I guess that isn’t Accordance’s fault.  

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Brian W. Davidson said:

Fabian, thanks for that suggestion! I have one issue every time I try to use this type of analytics display:

When I change the settings to show the lexical forms count in the different bodies of literature, it doesn't stick. When I click on the next word it goes back to showing gender or mood or something else. Any ideas?

Hello Brian

My experience is that Accordance has a save problem. Not everywhere but it comes from time to time to the surface. 

This is/was the case about saving the font size in Live Click. I have reported this several times. I gues it is fixed now.

This is the case for User Tool. I avoid now User Tool until this is fixed. I have seen there was Webinars for the User Tool. In my opinion this should first be fixed, otherwise you only frustrate your customers. I reported this several times too. 

This was in the past also a topic for the bug area. 

That said, for me Accordance has here  a save problem too. @Silas Marrs This should be fixed. 

18 hours ago, Fabian said:

But this is not the end. With Accordance 12....You can...

Wow, thank you so much for sharing this! Sounds a little like TV shopping, "but wait there's more"

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Fabian said:

Hello Brian

My experience is that Accordance has a save problem..

Thanks for the tip! I will keep this in mind

• Like 1