Syncing suggestions with questions and request for help/info

Pastor Jonathan

It has been discussed the problems with syncing with DropBox. 

I have read that OneDrive is corrupting files. 

ICloud is not cross platform. 

Can we set up a sync to NextCloud? 

I would love to take notes and make my own Bible with cross references and notes but I am not wanting to put that kind of work into it to have it disappear on me. 

Is this possible? If so, how do I set it up? I tried to use the auto sync, and even manually moved files into a Nextcloud account. 

NextCloud is cross platform and is very versatile. But I am not seeing a way.

Thoughts or help? Thanks. 

Wait for Accordance 14. It will have an Accordance own sync. Without any 3rd party apps.

• Like 1

Fabian,

That sounds good. My question then would be, do they have an option for backup? 

If Accordance self Sync goes down on their servers, is there going to be a way for a backup to the backup? 

I imagine you will still be able to manually backup the files anyway you like.

3 hours ago, Pastor Jonathan said:

If Accordance self Sync goes down on their servers, is there going to be a way for a backup to the backup? 

I encourage everyone who uses a computer, Accordance user or not, to always back up your files. Any sync service is just making certain the files on one device stay current with the files on another device. But a backup method makes certain you can still access your files regardless of whatever syncing method is in use. On my main computer, I use an incremental backup that goes to a physical external drive, and I also use Backblaze for my offsite backup.

2 hours ago, R. Mansfield said:

I encourage everyone who uses a computer, Accordance user or not, to always back up your files. Any sync service is just making certain the files on one device stay current with the files on another device. But a backup method makes certain you can still access your files regardless of whatever syncing method is in use. On my main computer, I use an incremental backup that goes to a physical external drive, and I also use Backblaze for my offsite backup.

Which is good to do. Right now I save it locally but have had crashes. 

Is there a video showing how to set this all up? 

I know enough to be dangerous...not enough to get out of trouble.