Specifying Bible Version in Notes Reference Link

Ladd Wheeler

How does one specify a Bible version different from the default version in a reference link in a user note?  For example, I would like to display Gal. 3:14 in KJV; however, my default version is NSV.

Thanks!

Tip in the note you want to change the Hypertext. Press Command+T and go to the Hypertext section. 

Or if you want to do it for all. Preferences->Notes->Hypertext.

Thanks, Fabian, for your reply.  I may have not understood.  When I was in the note edit window, typing Command+T did nothing, no window opened.

I did try setting the Hypertext Text entry (via Command+T while in the user notes window) to KJVS before editing the note and creating the link.  That worked for the link of interest but it affected all links.

Hello Ladd

Not in the edit window. In the normal Notes window press Command-T. If you only want one Tool with this Bibles. If you want in general to save a Bible version you have it to do in the Preferences->Tools or Notes.

1955280291_Bildschirmfoto2021-12-18um17_36_01.thumb.png.37ee43e28ae500e4e02a76444d5b4d52.png

Preferences Notes

You have there two Hypertexts. (in Notes and Tools)

The first is to choose for for the hover over. (normal)

The alternate is, if you press Command by hovering over. You get the alternate Bible. 

By me. Normal hover over. Elberfelder

30118994_Bildschirmfoto2021-12-18um17_39_39.thumb.png.29877b53877431c2e3affc11c49a3249.png

By pressing Command by hover over. Luther 17.

2117485083_Bildschirmfoto2021-12-18um17_39_46.thumb.png.0b847a5035e21af8ee1a504975e5ad9a.png

Maybe this was your initial question.

Edited by Fabian

Thanks again, Fabian, for replying!  I really appreciate it.

I wasn't fully clear about my question in my original post.  Here's the context:  I have a note that in one of the four linked references in the note, I want the KJVS version displayed while the other three linked references display ESV.  The question is:  Is there a way when creating a reference link on a verse in Notes to specify displaying a Bible version different from the default (Hypertext Text) version and which affects only that one reference link?

I tried the suggestion of Command+T and switching Hypertext Text selection from ESVS to KJVS in Notes, then edited the note of interest and re-linked the verse of interest.  That did display the reference of interest in KJV but it also causes the other three references in that note and references in other notes.  As that result was not what I want, I reset Hypertext Text selection to ESVS to get the world back in balance.

O.K. Thanks for the clarification. I wasn't sure if you really mean that.

Don't use the automatic feature. Use this one. 

665555069_Bildschirmfoto2021-12-18um21_17_25.png.b2908df0bfc2e8c08cfa52d0a11fe0ee.png 

Try it.

Edited by Fabian

Wonderful, Fabian, you're a genius!  That worked perfectly.  Just what I needed.

Thank you so much for your patience and persistence to nail this down!

Merry Christmas to you and yours!

• Thanks 1