Opening Accordance where previously left off

ScottDF

When I close Accordance, most often I want to re-open the program at the same place I left off. Somehow how to do this eludes me. I press <Ctrl-S> to save the current setup, but to no avail. The same tabs, etc., open but not to where I left off. 

Is there a simple way to do this for each of the layouts I work with? 

Edited by ScottDF

• ScottDF changed the title to Opening Accordance where previously left off

Yup and nope :)

I have had that set to Last Session for as long as I've had Accordance and it somehow does not accomplish what I'm looking for. I also have switched it away from Last Session, closed and re-opened Accordance and then set it back and still Accordance will re-open the next time as at a place representing when I made a change to a tab, or such. Changes to where I am in the text are not retained. 

Assuming you are using 13.3.2, try the basic troubleshooting steps:

On Windows, double-click on the Accordance icon and hold down the ALT key. It may take a moment to open the Safe Mode window.
On the window that appears check the first option, "Remove Startup Session" and launch Accordance. 

If the issue continues, go back to Safe Mode and check the fourth option, "Remove General Settings." This will reset minor settings and ask you to sign back in.  

BTW, I believe CRTL + S should only save the workspace not the session.

Removing the startup session brought back a couple old Bookmarks, which made me think we were making progress. But closing and opening Accordance still put me where I was with the first opening of one of my Workspaces. 

Removing the startup session again along with the General Settings made no change to the behavior after signing back in, etc. 

(And thanks for the info on Ctrl-S.) 

I worked directly with Tech Support and this recommendation resolved the issue. 

Please select ‘Remove startup session’, ‘Clear Library Cache’, ‘Clear Research Cache’, ‘Clear cached downloads’ and then launch Accordance. 

Thanks @Tech Support:)