Where does Accordance store session backups?

vparunak

I'm running 13.3.1 on OS 10.14.6. Sometimes Accordance crashes (probably  because I sometimes have too many things running at once, including research code), and when it restarts, it can't find the last session. I have a fairly complicated set of workspaces, so having to reconstruct it manually is a bother. Up until this AM, I could open a recently saved session and be back in business, but this AM I found to my horror that the list of recently saved sessions is empty!

So I turn to Time Machine. These sessions must be saved somewhere on my drive, and first I looked at ~/Documents/Accordance Files, but nothing there. Next I went to ~/Library/Application Support/Accordance, but there's nothing there either. In both cases I went back in time machine a week or two, to a time when things were working well.

Where are session backups stored, so that I can restore the list and be on my way?

Thanks!

Hi,

If you make a point to 'save' your sessions after you have them the way that you want them (we strongly recommend this), you will find them in Documents/Accordance Files. They will be on the top level and have a .accord extension.

If you do not save them, you can find them in the Accordance app in File/Open Autosaved Session or ~/Caches/Com.Oaktree.Accordance/Autosaved Sessions. However, if both of your General Settings files are removed or in some instances after an update, these copies can be erased. This is why you want to save them, so they will still be available in Documents/Accordance Files.

Previous versions of Accordance would lose the Autosaved Sessions after removing just the General Settings in Accordance Safe Mode.

Hi @Billy32792,

I am having a similar issue so I was glad to see this. I know how to save workspaces, but if I am understanding correctly, if I click "save session" it will save ALL the random workspaces I have open. (Perhaps 5-7 workspaces with 15-20 tabs is typical for me...). If I click "save session" and then it crashes, I can go back and open it and it will open all the workspaces and tabs. Is this correct? Also, to get rid of that specific session I would need to go into my documents and delete it from there.

Am I understanding this correctly?
Kristin