Low-resolution icon

Sam Freney

Hi.

This is not quite a bug, but an improvement that is not at all critical.

I've noticed on a bigger screen the icon is lower-resolution than others, and has jagged edges. It looks out of place.

Cheers,

Sam.

Screen Shot 2021-09-23 at 10.18.42 am.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi Sam,
I am not sure, but I think it might be a bug that could be resolved as it seems to be something specific to your computer. There was another thread where people were voicing some concerns about the icon, and near the end of the thread Michael Hunt and ukfraser both posted screenshots of their computers. It is the same icon as you are showing, but I think their edges look smooth, while I agree yours don't.

Here is the thread in case it helps to see the picture:

Sincerely,
Kristin

FWIW, the icon is fine on the dock, but mildly jagged at the edges with cycling through apps with cmd-tab.

This is on Accordance for Mac 13.3.0 [Mac OS 11.6 Mid 2013 11 inch MacBook Air]. I suspect it appear differently based on size and resolution settings. 

• 1 year later...

Thanks! I'll report it again.

This got me thinking about an old alternative icon on the Accordance Exchange provided by William Cross. You couldn't switch the icons out for a while, but now you can!!

Screenshot 2023-06-14 at 10.03.48 PM.png

I should bring that one back to my copy of Accordance. :-) 

• Like 1

I like it!

@William Cross, I like the second, but the first one will always have my heart. TBH, when I couldn't use it it broke my heart.

You still should be able to use it I think?

• 1 month later...

I was very fond of the old icon, but figured I need to change with the times. But also at the same time, I personally don't think the new logo is aesthetically pleasing (sorry, just a personal preference; beauty is in the eye of the beholder!). So, I created an alternate from the iOS icon. It's not perfect at its fullest resolution, but looks good in the dock and switcher. I basically just erased the "lamp" and kept the flame.

image.thumb.png.e6d67e5e18ab9cfeaad4d2c604a201d3.png

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing!